nine: who wants to be a grandmother?

"Alright, so we've just moved into week ten. Baby Styles is roughly the size of whatever the hell a kumquat is according to this lovely website I've just found. Baby is still healthy and is developing rather nicely." Harry says, looking at the webcam before he sits back in his seat. He was doing his next vlog, finding a moment between finishing up his work and getting ready to start packing. He knew he still had three weeks, but he was excited. 

"I haven't craved anything too badly, unless you call the need to have pickles on my sandwiches now a craving. Morning sickness has gotten better, still have it every once in a while but it's not everyday. And for the big reveal, I'm finally starting to see some sort of bump. Granted to anyone who knows me, they probably just think it's my natural pudge but to me it's a baby bump." Harry says, grinning before standing up and hiking up his shirt high enough to show off his little bump. 

"And that's all I really have about Baby Styles this week... I guess I could tell another story, everyone seems to enjoy those... so how about I tell you how I ended up telling my mum? Basically it was Mother's day, it was about two weeks after I found out..." 

--------------------

Harry pulls up into the familiar driveway, turning off his car as he lets out a sigh. He wasn't sure if he wanted to go in, still in a bit of self pity party since Niall left and he knew his mum was going to ask how he was doing. It was a question that Harry was kind of getting sick of, mainly because of Zayn but Harry knew he was just trying to be there for him. Harry eventually brings himself to climb out of the car, grabbing the card and present he had gotten his mother from the passenger seat as he does so. Harry trudges up to the front door, knocking on it because he wasn't really wanting to go in quite yet. His mother answers it with a bright smile, instantly pulling Harry into a hug. 

"Happy Mother's Day, Mum..." Harry says quietly, returning his mother's hug as best he could. Anne pulls away after a moment, hooking her arms with Harry's as she leads him into the house. It was just Anne that lived here, Harry and Gemma having moved out long ago. Harry is greeted by his sister with a hug the second they walk into the kitchen, earning a small grunt from Harry as he hadn't exactly expected it. 

"Nice to see you too, Gem. Jesus, you act like you haven't seen me for a while." Harry teases, earning an eye roll from Gemma once she pulls away. 

"Is it a crime to hug my own brother?" 

"It is when you nearly suffocate him." Harry quips back, placing Anne's present on the table next to what he was assuming was Gemma's present. 

"So, do you want to eat dinner first or open your presents?" Gemma asks, choosing to ignore her brother's last comment and turning her attention towards their mother. 

"Dinner first, I think we need to have some catching up being since the both of you don't visit often." Anne says, earning nods from both of her children before the small family all sit down. Dinner goes smoothly, Gemma doing most of the talking as she raves about her job and possible boyfriends that Harry knew he wouldn't approve of. 

"And how is Niall doing?" Anne asks when there's a lull in the conversation, turning her attention to her son who was being awfully quiet today. 

"He's good, enjoying New York. He sends his love." Harry says, a soft smile on his face as he does so. 

"I'm glad to hear he's enjoying himself.  You'll be sure to let him know we miss him." Anne says, the conversation lulling as they finish up dinner. 

"Gifts?" Gemma asks, standing up and grabbing the dishes as Anne nods softly. Harry's nervous now, biting down on his bottom lip rather harshly as he glances over at his gift. He wasn't sure how his mother was going to react to the news of being a grandmother, the fear of her judging him for having a child so young becoming almost overwhelming in that moment. 

But she'd only been twenty-four when she had Gemma, Harry was twenty-three... it wasn't that much of a difference. 

"Open mine first, Mum." Gemma says, sitting back down after she finished cleaning up the dishes. Anne grabs Gemma's present like she requests, smiling as she opens it. She pulls out a few articles of clothing, along with gift cards to a few of Anne's favorite places in London. Gemma always went a little overboard, but Harry already knew that his present would trump hers even if it was simple. 

"Thank you, Gemma." Anne says, hugging her daughter before moving onto Harry's present. Harry watches nervously, keeping his eyes on Anne's face for her reaction. She's confused at first, pulling out the necklace that Harry had bought her from the box it sat in. She stares at it for what felt like an eternity before she looks over at her son with an expression of pure shock. 

"Are you... Is this your way of saying I'm gonna be a grandmother?" Anne manages to get out, her voice coming out in a whisper because she can't believe it. Harry doesn't get the chance to do anything but nod because Anne is pulling him into yet another bone crushing hug. 

"Happy Mother's Day, Mum..." Harry says yet again, more than grateful his mother was excited. 

--------------------------------------

"And that's the end of that story and this vlog. Thanks for watching, tune in next week for pretty much the exact same thing because honestly... There isn't much to talk about yet." 

-----------------------------------------------------------

woopity doo.

yes, i know Anne is married but in this story she isn't going to be because too many characters in one story can cause me to forget them and I don't want to introduce characters i'm going to just forget about in two chapters lol

anyways, this is Anne's present. Just ignore the Z... :

dedication goes to imzadinot

comment

and

vote

connie xx