thirty-seven: a party to remember pt.3

Harry wasn't sure how he found himself in this situation, sitting in a room with just Maura and him. Niall had left to go get Harry something from the store, something that Harry had insisted he could get or Louis but Niall told him to once again "sit his ass down and enjoy the party." Harry of course wanted to protest for several reasons, the first being that Maura literally scared the living shit out of him, the second being this was Niall's birthday party and he should be the one sitting his ass down and enjoying it, not Harry.

But yet here he was, sitting down and well... not really enjoying the party. Maura kept looking at him, glaring at him was actually a better way to describe it but either way Harry felt uncomfortable. He was hoping his own mother would come save him, but both Anne and Gemma had left early due to having to work. Louis and Zayn were also nowhere to be found, so it appeared as if Harry was on his own.

Neither of them say anything, Harry twiddling his thumbs and placing his hands flat on the bump as Jedi kicked like there was no tomorrow. Maura was once again back to staring at his bump like it was some sort of alien and all Harry wanted to do was shield his son from her.

"Was it planned?" Maura is the first to speak, her voice so quiet that Harry almost didn't catch it at first. He blinks a little as the question registers in his mind, a little unsure of what exactly she meant. 

"I'm sorry?" Harry asks, looking at her with a confused expression. She was looking at him expectantly, letting out a sigh as she rolls her eyes. 

"Was that baby planned?" She asks again and Harry finds himself shaking his head. Truth was, Jedi was a surprise but no one really cared to ask if he was or not. Harry didn't care either, so why would Maura?

"Not exactly, I mean Niall and I had talked about one day starting a family but we had planned on starting small with like a cat or a dog, instead we got Jedi." Harry says, smiling down at his bump but he still couldn't bring himself to smile at Maura. She wouldn't smile at him either, so the feeling was mutual. 

"Jedi?" Maura asks, her nose scrunching up in disgust and Harry has to will himself not to get angry with her. She was still Niall's mother, he had to be kind... Even if he didn't like her. 

"Niall's nickname for the baby, he wants to name him Jedidiah so we can call him Jedi." Harry says, looking up at Maura who now had a displeased expression on her face.

"That's odd, especially considering that isn't even my son's baby." Maura says and Harry almost chokes.

"Excuse me?" Harry gasps out when he's able to speak, staring at Maura with wide eyes. He was completely shocked to say the least and he almost wanted to slap the woman for even accusing him of such a thing. 

"I'm just stating the obvious fact here, Harry. You're clearly just using my son for his money, that baby clearly belongs to that Lewis kid but Niall is clearly the better option so you told him the baby was his. I get it, and don't worry I won't tell him because we're in the same boat here on the money." Maura says and she winks at Harry like he's apart of her inner circle but all Harry wanted to do was puke. 

"Are you fucking serious, lady?" The words just come out, Harry unable to stop them because he was honestly that surprised. She looked dead serious as she nods, looking at her nails before grinning at Harry. 

"I won't tell your little secret if you won't tell mine." She says and Harry can't help the surprised bubble of laughter that passes his lips. Harry catches sight of Niall walking through the front door, the ice cream Harry had wanted in his hand. Harry needed to get away from Maura now, but she didn't appear to be done speaking to him. 

"I don't have a secret. This baby is Niall's and I'm not using him for his money. You're crazy and I'm telling Niall what you're up to." Harry says, getting ready to stand up but then Maura has her hand around his arm. Harry gets ready to pull it back, but she was surprisingly stronger than she looked. 

"He won't believe you, sweetheart. I'm his mother." 

"His mother who didn't even talk to him for seven months, I've been there for him in the past four years than you have his entire life. I'm his fiancee." Harry says, but Maura has that look in her eyes again. 

"Go ahead then, tell him. He won't believe you." Maura says, letting go of Harry who literally has to stop himself from puking. Harry stumbles his way towards Niall who's now in the kitchen with Louis, putting the ice cream in the fridge and Harry grabs onto Niall the second he reaches him. Niall is a little surprised at that, but he smiles nonetheless. 

"Hello Dollface, I missed you too." Niall says, wrapping an arm around Harry and pulling him into his side. 

"I need to talk to you, like right now." Harry says, earning a confused look from Niall. 

"What is it?" Niall asks and Harry looks back towards Maura. She was staring at him, almost like she was daring him to say something. 

"I... It's... I..." Harry says, that unsettling feeling once again in the pit of his stomach which was making it hard from him to speak. He knew how important this was for Niall, that his mother being back was supposed to make everything okay... but Harry had to tell him she was just using him. 

"It's your mum, Ni..." Harry whispers, earning a laugh from Niall. 

"Isn't she wonderful? I told you that you'd love her." Niall says and Harry shakes his head at that but Niall doesn't even seem to notice. He had a look on his face that Harry didn't like, one that just told Harry that Niall wouldn't listen to a single thing he'd say about his mother. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

got some motives here.

oh man oh man oh man.

dedication goes to Narry_Camren

comment

and

vote

connie xx