forty-nine: baby talk

"Hey, dinner is ready." Niall says a few minutes later, earning nods from the three lads sitting around in the living room. 

"I'm gonna go put Noah in his crib... Let him sleep." Harry says, his heart aching a little but he didn't want to keep the baby up with the loud noises that usually happened during dinner. Harry takes Noah up to his nursery, placing the baby into the crib before grabbing one of the baby monitors. They hadn't actually had to use them yet, mainly due to the fact that someone was always holding Noah. 

The conversation was already in full swing when Harry reaches the kitchen, a soft smile on his face as he sits down at the table in the seat next to Niall. Niall grabs his hand from underneath the table, giving it a soft squeeze as he looks over at him with a smile. 

"So Louis, Niall and I were just discussing about maybe cutting the tour short this year. I'm thinking you guys can have today and tomorrow to get everything ready, fly out on Monday and come back home next Saturday and then repeat for the next two weeks? That way were only cutting the tour short by a week instead of a whole month. " Myles offers, passing the pasta down the line and Louis nods in agreement to what Myles is saying. 

"I think I can live with that and I'm sure Rickie and Donovan will be over the moon on that." Louis says and Harry could honestly feel like there's a weight lifted off his chest, sure Niall would be gone for two weeks, but that was better than a whole month and Harry would take about anything over that right about. Harry's mum could come stay with him to help out, she'd been wanting to visit and Harry didn't mind her being around.

"Great. I'll call them when we're done here, now how are the two of you enjoying that little bundle of joy upstairs?" Myles asks, changing the subject as he looks over at Harry and Niall. Niall had the biggest of grins on his face, his eyes lighting up at just the mere mention of Noah and Harry couldn't help but smile too. If there was one thing Harry was certain of it was that Niall would always love Noah with ever bit of his being and Harry knew he was the exact same way. Noah had taken over their hearts in the matter of a week but they didn't care one bit. 

"He's absolutely amazing, couldn't be happier." Niall says and Harry is quick to nod in agreement. 

"He's totally worth the two hours of sleep we're getting, along with the messy diapers and the fact that all of my t-shirts seem to have some sort of baby spit-up on them. Wouldn't change any of it for the world. He's perfect." Harry says, being completely serious with a smile on his face.

"You're perfect." Niall says, earning coos from everyone at the dinner table along with a gagging sound from either Louis or Zayn. 

"Any plans for another one?" Myles asks just as Harry takes a drink, the younger lad doing a classic spit take. Niall looks at Harry in concern, quirking an eyebrow as Harry coughs a little. 

"We just had him, I don't think we're planning on the next one right now." Harry manages to get out after he catches his breath, completely omitting the fact that there was a chance he couldn't even have another baby from the conversation. Sure, Niall could probably carry their next one... but Harry personally felt like that was something Niall wouldn't be interested in doing even if he could. The odds of male pregnancy were still low, not every boy got the chance like Harry did. Harry had known from a young age, his mother having told him when he reached puberty to avoid any accidental pregnancies while he went through his teens. Niall's mother on the other hand had never said anything about it, or if she had Niall hadn't told Harry... but considering the few times Harry actually had topped (he preferred being on bottom personally), they'd never used a condom. So Harry didn't think Niall was even able to have a baby and Harry just had to accept the fact that Noah was going to be an only child. 

"I've always wanted three." Niall says, not even catching the way that Harry's face falls, too busy looking at Myles as he answers his question. 

"What about you, Harry?" Myles asks and it appeared as if no one had caught on to Harry's sudden drop in mood... not that Harry really expected everyone to, but Niall should at least notice that something is off. 

"I uh... I just want one. Never been a fan of big families and what not..." Harry whispers, lying through his teeth because he wanted a big family... especially with Niall. If he had his way, he'd have as many babies as he possibly could with Niall... 

"I'm sure you'll change your mind once Noah isn't a baby." Niall says, earning a tight smile from Harry. Niall seems to catch on that something is off now, but he doesn't say anything and instead goes back to talking to the three other boys sitting at the table. 

"We'll talk later, alright?" Niall whispers, earning a nod from Harry who gives his hand a soft squeeze. Harry wasn't sure if he wanted to talk about it yet, but he knew he'd have to tell Niall eventually. 

And just pray to god that Niall understands. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

ah man, narry's gonna talk it out next chapter...

maybe ;)

jk, they totes will. 

Anyways, I had to wait till it was May 9th to post this just so I could say I'm turning 20 in 20 days.

dedication goes to moodchanging

comment

and

vote

connie xx