forty-three: the godfather(s)

"Do you guys want any visitors? You've got yourselves quite a crowd waiting outside." One of the nurses asks after she gets Harry some more pain medication. Harry and Niall were too busy staring at Noah, love filled expressions on their faces at the newborn baby sleeps. 

"We should probably let them see the baby... and let them know you're okay." Niall is the one to speak and the first to look up from Noah. 

"As long as they're quiet... He's sleeping." Harry whispers, running a finger across Noah's cheek as he continues to just stare in complete awe at the baby. Harry still couldn't believe that his little Jedi was here, completely healthy and here. 

"I'll be right back, love." Niall says, kissing the side of Harry's head and following the nurse to the waiting room. It didn't take him long to come back with both Louis and Zayn trailing behind them, Niall signalling them to be quiet before they were allowed to walk in. 

"Is my mum not here?" Harry whispers, looking at Niall as he shakes his head. 

"She's on her way, babe. She had to wait for Gem to finish up at work before they could leave." Niall answers, slowly walking back over to the bed and holding his arms out for Noah. Harry slowly slides the sleeping baby into Niall's arms, flinching a little when Noah lets out a squeak. Niall holds him up so that both Zayn and Louis can see, Zayn letting out a coo as he moves in a little closer. 

"He looks so much like you, H." Zayn whispers, looking up from Noah and at Harry who's keeping a watchful eye on the baby. 

"What's his name?" Louis asks. 

"Noah Jedidah Horan-Styles." Niall says, a proud look on his face as he makes eye contact with Harry.

"Niall and I wanna ask you guys something too... I know we always kinda joked about you guys being Jedi's godparents and what not... but honestly, you both have done so much for Niall and I these last few years and it would mean so much to me and to Niall if... if you both were Noah's godfathers. Gemma wants godmother and I don't really wanna fight her on it... so Noah's just gonna have two godfathers and one godmother, but only if that's okay with you guys." Harry says and he can almost swear Zayn was about to cry.

"That's more than okay, I already love this little guy so much." Zayn says, almost blubbering as he sniffs. Louis lets out a chuckle before he nods in agreement. 

"It would be my pleasure, H." Louis says and Harry's smiling from ear to ear now. Noah starts to fuss, kind of ruining the moment but none of the adults seemed to mind. Niall walks the baby back over to Harry, carefully handing him over before leaning down to press the call button for the nurse. 

"We'll leave you guys be for now... Call us if you need anything." Louis says, carefully leading Zayn out of the hospital room. Niall joins Harry on the hospital bed to the best of his ability, the both of them once again back to just staring at Noah in complete awe. 

"Are... Are we okay?" Niall finds himself asking after a few moment passed, the older of the two looking away from the baby and at Harry instead. Harry lets out a shaky sigh before he too looks away from Noah and at Niall. 

"I don't know, Niall. I'm still... I'm still mad at you, if we're being completely honest here." Harry says and Niall lets out a sigh of his own. 

"Why? Like I get that you're upset about the whole calling you a liar thing... but I just... She's my mother, H. She raised me, you know? I want her in my life, I want to have my family back." Niall says, keeping his voice quiet due to the fact Noah was going back to sleep. 

"What about this family, Niall? What about the family that you and I are supposed to have together? I get that you want your mother in your life, but she... All she has done since she showed up is try to ruin our relationship and you've been letting her." 

"I haven't bee-" Niall tries to protest but Harry interrupts him before he even gets the chance to finish his sentence.  

"Yes, you have and the fact that you don't see that is part of the problem. Don't you even find it a bit odd that after five years she just randomly decides she's okay with all of this? That she wants to be in your life? She literally hung up the phone on you when you told her about Jedi, usually someone who cares about you doesn't do that." Harry says, closing his eyes as he takes a deep breath. He could feel the anger, he felt the need to yell but he couldn't do it. He refused to yell in front of his son, no matter how mad he was. 

"I'm done talking about this right now, we'll talk more when we're out of the hospital. Okay?" Harry says instead, earning a nod from Niall but he looked like he wanted to say more. 

"I love you, Harry. I really do." Niall says instead of arguing more. 

"Yeah, I love you too." 

------------------------------------------------------------------

ah man, zouis is adorable despite the fact they're not a couple. 

cries for years

thanks for 3k fam!

dedication goes to Harrysdimples20

comment

and

vote

connie xx