sixty-three: the baby vlog

Harry finds himself sitting in front of that familiar camera fairly early the next day. He was trying to figure out what to say, how to introduce the world to his little bundle of joy who was slipping in and out of consciousness in the bassinet next to Harry. Harry didn't understand why he was finding this so difficult, it wasn't like this was Harry's first time... 

But at the same time, he was nervous about sharing Noah with anyone else that wasn't his close friends and immediate family. Harry closes his eyes, taking a deep breath before he turns on the video camera. He smiles brightly, giving a small wave before he finally brings himself to speak. 

"Hello everyone, I'm sorry that it's been a few weeks since my last vlog but I do have a good excuse. When we last left off I was about thirty-six weeks along, I believe? So if we were going along those lines I would be thirty-nine weeks as of today." Harry says, doing the math in his head and frowning a little because he wasn't really sure if he was doing that quite right. He shrugs his shoulders before turning his attention back to the camera. 

"Anyways, the reason for why I haven't done a vlog is because at week thirty-seven Niall and I got a little surprise in the form of this guy coming early." Harry says, reaching into the bassinet for Noah who lets out a squeak at the sudden movement. Harry holds the baby up with a proud smile, a look of pure admiration as Noah scrunches up his nose. 

"On September 22nd at about one in the afternoon, Noah Jedidiah Horan-Styles made his debut into the world and into our lives. We've spent almost two weeks with this lovely little baby and I can honestly say that we are still as much in love with him as we were the second we met him." Harry says, laying Noah against his chest and placing a soft kiss on the top of Noah's head. Harry smiles contently at how soft it still felt and Harry could only hope that it would stay that way. 

"So far he's a very relaxed baby, spending most of his time sleeping or eating. I have yet to get a smile out of him, but I think he's just waiting for his daddy to come back home before he does. I know it's only been two weeks, but I can tell he's already a massive Daddy's boy. I think it's because Niall sings to him and I can't say I'm surprised because that's why Niall's my favorite too." Harry says and he can't help but chuckle when Noah lets out a squeak, almost like he was agreeing with Harry on this. 

"But yeah, with Niall being back on tour for the next two weeks, I'm going to be doing vlogs again. I really don't know how frequent they'll be because this little guy right here keeps me pretty busy, but I promised Niall I would do vlogs and these keep me distracted from the fact he's not home... so I'm gonna do these as often as Noah here will let me." Harry says, placing another soft kiss on Noah's head. Harry spends the rest of the vlog just talking about Noah, the love more than clear for the baby.

Noah is fast asleep by the time Harry finishes up, a fond look on his face as he stands up with the baby and carries him to the nursery. He can't help but take a picture, sending it to Niall before he heads downstairs. His mother is sitting down at the table, drinking what Harry was assuming to be a cup of tea. She gives her son a soft smile as he walks into the kitchen, Harry returning it wholeheartedly. Harry was having a good day which was rather surprising considering the events that had happened just the day before. 

"Is there anymore hot water left?" Harry asks, pointing to the kettle that still sat on the stove. 

"Should be, this is only my first cup." 

"Long night?" Harry asks, earning a shrug from his mother who was then giving Harry a somewhat concerned look. 

"Harry, can I ask you a question?" Anne asks and Harry turns his attention from the kettle and towards his mother, quirking an eyebrow at her before nodding. 

"It's about Keaton... I just can't shake this feeling that something... That something is off with him and I need to know what happened between the both of you." Anne's question seemed more like a statement than a question, but either way Harry had no intention of answering it. 

"Mum, it's really... It's not something I want to talk about and I really don't think I need to. It was four years ago, it's in the past and it doesn't matter. I'm with Niall, I'm happy with Niall. Keaton is the last thing on my mind and I'd really like to keep it that way." Harry says, pouring himself a cup of hot water before reaching for the box that held the tea. 

"Is Keaton why you won't marry Niall?" Anne asks instead of dropping the subject and Harry lets out a really long sigh. 

"Mum, I love you but I really don't want to talk about this today. I'm having a good day, let's not ruin it by talking about something so goddamn depressing." Harry says and Anne lets out a sigh of her own but she seems to drop the subject in that moment. The moment was short lived when Harry's phone goes off with the notification for a text from a number he didn't recognize. 

From: Unknown Received: 10:08 AM 

I watched your vlogs and I can honestly say you're pretty hot when you're pregnant. 

-K xx

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

lol, i hate myself. 

that ending was just.....AH.

anyways, i'm running on like five hours of sleep yet I still decided to stay up until midnight to write this chapter. i cry.

also, i'm very mad because no one pointed out the fact that i labeled the last chapter sixty-three instead of sixty-two cause now i feel like a fool, A FOOL I TELL YOU. i fixed it though so it's all good.  

dedication goes to youngwildandwriting

comment

and

vote

connie xx