thirty-nine: time for a break

"So not that I mind you staying the night at my house unannounced, why are you here?" Zayn asks the next morning, sliding Harry a plate of pancakes before taking his seat.

"Niall and I got into a fight."

"I figured, but what about?" Zayn continues to pry, staring at Harry as the younger boy picks at his food.

"His mother. She's fucking crazy, Zayn. She straight up accused me of sleeping with Louis and lying to Niall about the baby being his. She's after his money, she doesn't care about him but he's so... He's blind to it. He won't listen to me about a single thing I tell him about her." Harry says, pushing away his plate because he couldn't muster up an appetite. Every time he thought about Maura, he felt sick.

"He's so desperate for her approval, Zee. All he wants is her to be back in his life and I don't think anything I say will distort that perfect image he has in his head." Harry whispers when Zayn doesn't say anything, biting on his bottom lip before looking at the older.

"Well can you blame him? I'm not saying he's in the right here, but H... you never had to deal with your family literally shunning you. You never had any backlash, no negative opinions about you coming out. Your mum and sister were supportive, you got to keep your family. Not everyone gets that luxury, H. And Niall thinks this is his chance to have what you have, a mother who wants to be involved in his life, in Jedi's life, so I understand why he's not exactly being the smartest of people right now." Zayn says and Harry just lets out a sigh.

"I understand that, but he called me a liar. He knows I would never lie to him, I've always been honest... He let me leave too, Zayn. He didn't even try to stop me this time and he hasn't bothered to call or text me since I did. She hasn't even been here for a whole day and he's basically taken our entire relationship and thrown it out a window because she told him I hated her. She's the one who abandoned him, she's the one who gave up on him. I have been there for him, but none of that matters all of a sudden. It was like our relationship just stopped." Harry says, standing up from the table and letting out another sigh. 

"We've got work in an hour, think you can run me back to my place for a few so I can change?" Harry asks, earning a nod from Zayn who looks at the stack of pancakes that Harry had left untouched.

"You gonna eat those, or?"

"I'll take them on the go or something, I'm not hungry." Harry says, heading to Zayn's guest room to grab his shoes. Zayn lets out a sigh of his own before getting up to grab his own shoes and a jacket.

--------

Harry's silent the entire car ride, picking at the end of his jacket until Zayn pulls up to the house. Harry gets out of the car, practically waddling up to the front door and walking into the house. The house is completely silent, for which Harry was grateful for as that meant everyone was still asleep. It was still fairly early in the morning, so if Harry was lucky Niall wouldn't even realize he was home. 

But when he walks into their bedroom, Niall is sitting on the bed wide awake. He looked like he hadn't slept at all and maybe Harry was a little happy about that... Harry doesn't say anything though, walking to the closet to grab some clothes. Harry can feel Niall's eyes on him as he heads towards the bathroom, but Niall doesn't say anything either. Harry gets ready for work quickly, well about as quickly as he could being thirty-three weeks along. Niall hadn't moved from his spot when Harry returns to the bedroom.

"You didn't come home last night, I was worried." Niall finally speaks, his voice hoarse and Harry just about scoffs. 

"Really? Sure doesn't seem like it." Harry says back, reaching for a different jacket and Niall climbs off the bed to grab Harry's hand. Harry takes his hand back though, turning around to look at Niall with tears in his eyes. Harry was still upset with Niall, Niall's words floating in his head every time he looked at him. Niall doesn't say anything for another moment, blocking off Harry's exit and Harry just wanted to get out of that house. 

"I need to go to work, Niall." Harry says, trying to get around Niall but wouldn't allow it. 

"You're really not going to apologize?" Niall asks and Harry does let out a scoff this time. 

"Are you kidding me? If anyone deserves an apology, it's me. You called me a liar, Niall. Me, the person who has been there for you through everything, the person who is carrying your son, the person who loves you more than anything in the world. You're siding with a woman who gave up on you, someone who doesn't give a shit about you and I'm... I can't sit here and watch her tear you apart. So... I think it's best if we take a break until the baby is born or until you can get your head out of your ass, whichever comes first. I'll be staying at Zayn's if you decide you want to come and apologize to me." Harry says, actually shoving past Niall this time. What he does next just about breaks Niall's heart in two, Harry takes off the engagement ring Niall had given him and places it on the nightstand. 

"Harry..." Niall tries to stop him, but he could tell with just one look that wasn't what Harry wanted. 

So he let Harry leave, even though all he wanted to do was beg him to stay. 

-------------------------------------------------------------

ah cheese and crackers

I NEED THE FLUFF BUT THERE AIN'T NO ROOM FOR FLUFF TODAY MOTHER FUCKERS

dedication goes to NARRY9493

comment

and

vote

connie xx