Chapter 17

(A/N: Hello lovelies! Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays! :) Hope you all have had a great day!! Here's my present to you (and also because you got me 11,800 views in TEN DAYS) here's a new chapter! Hope you enjoy!)

You and Me - Lifehouse

__________

Zayn and I are back to square one the next day. He doesn't speak a word to me, doesn't look at me, just stares straight ahead ignoring everything around him. I attempt to do the same, if he isn't going to apologize for not giving me a ride after dragging me to the frat house then I have nothing to say to him.

I was a very strong believer in treat others the way you want to be treated. If he wanted to treat me like I was invisible, I would do the same. He didn't get to play these games with me. I wasn't going to have it, I wasn't going to sit idly by while my emotions and life got messed with.

I'm not being stubborn, I'm only being fair. He needed to know he couldn't be rude to me, he couldn't have these switches of playful attention to acting like I'm not even alive.

It messed with my head and it messed with my academics. The bell rings and he is the first up and out of the door. For a split second I make a decision.

Go after him? Confront him about his stupid actions last night. Or I could leave it alone, let this... this... whatever this is go away. I doubt that it would go away, he seems set on messing with my life, with my head. Go after him.

He didn't get to run away from the fact he had basically let me walk home in the dead of night. I grab my stuff and rush after him outside. He's walking now that he's outside, strolling towards the parking lot. Looking as if he had not a care in the world. I rush after him and call to him,

"Zayn!" My voice is angry, he pauses in his step, turning to me. His eyes are surprised that it's me calling to him. "You can't just avoid me." I purse my lips.

"Why would I be avoiding you Juliet?" He looks up at the trees as I walk to him. I pick up my pace so I can meet him underneath the beautiful maple tree. A breeze is passing by, causing the leaves to rustle in the quiet sounds of my feet. Reaching him I go for it.

"Maybe because you realize how much of a jerk you were for making me study and then not giving me a ride home." I stop in front of him, taking deep breaths to control my annoyance with him. He was trying to act innocent, I could see it in his eyes and hear it in his voice.

"I'm a jerk?" He scoffs. "I helped you study for a class you didn't know anything about!" He stretches his hand out indicating to the building. I take a quick glance at the building, shaking my head I run my hand through my hair I glare at him.

"I do know stuff about the class! I got a B-, that is hardly considered failing!" my voice sounds snobby, but I could care less at the moment.

He didn't get to make fun of me, he didn't get to poke fun at the fact I had a lower grade in the class, he didn't get to use it as an excuse to act like a jerk.

"Well Mr. Collins seems to think you need my help. You need to learn to accept help when you need it." He counters, brooding eyes glaring at me now. I feel a chill rise up my spine under his eyes, I would like to blame it on the breeze that is passing by, but I know that's not the case.

"Well that's just the thing! I don't need your help. Do you know how much of a dick move it was for you drag me to the frat house to study and then don't offer me a ride home!" I demand. I'm mostly hurt by the lack of chivalry he showed me that night.

Not that I expected him to be chivalrous like Matt or other guys - no Zayn was not like other guys at all - but I would hope he had some manners.

"That's what this is about? Me not giving you a ride back to the dorms?" He laughs at me shaking his head while brushing his hands through his hair quickly. His mocking laugh at me doesn't help my building anger.