Chapter 27

Sarah and I get ready for the party Saturday. I'm concerned with showing up because I'm not sure how Zayn will take it. When Charles had told me to show up he didn't have anything to say about it. I felt as though he didn't want me there, my gut was telling me just that.

"What are you worried about?" Sarah asks. I look at her from the corner of my eye. Damn, why did my face have to be so readable for her?

"Nothing." I shake my head, trying to compose a face that wouldn't let any emotion come out.

"You're worried about Zayn, huh?" Damn she was good. I bite my lip and shake my head.

"Why would I be worried?" He hasn't called or texted me... then again I wasn't even sure he had my number. Things happened so fast in this... relationship, or whatever it was.

"Because he's unpredictable. He can't be read, and that's not a good thing for you Juliet. You LOVE being able to read people, predict what will happen, all that." Sarah explains. Sarah may not act smart at times but she was quite the observer.

"And all that." I mumble her last words examining myself in the mirror. Sarah had taught me how to curl my hair earlier today, I did a decent job considering. I like the way my hair looks when it is curled. It gives my face a softer look. I fidget with the red long sleeve shirt Sarah had given me to wear. It matches nicely with my faded skinny jeans that end at my boots.

Mid September and Colorado was definitely getting very chilly. I loved September though, not only because of the leaves but Sarah's birthday was at the end of the month. She loved birthdays and I loved planning events, it was perfect.

"You look beautiful!" I hear Sarah behind me. I don't realize I have been staring at myself for a while now. I shake my head and smile at her,

"As do you Ms. Martin." I laugh.

"Alright, we should head over there... want to take one car or..."

"Are you planning on staying?" I question back to her. She debates her options and shakes her head.

"I have church tomorrow and I really have to study. That reminds me... help me study?" She smiles with a shrug.

"Is it Calc?" I ask with a smile. The only class Sarah would ask me for help in was math. Just because I knew it so well.

"What else?" She laughs as she grabs her bag. "I'll drive." She announces as we leave the dorm. Getting into Sarah's car she drives to the frat house, a route I'm all too familiar with now. Strange to think it was just yesterday that Zayn and I had agreed go forward and it all seemed to vanish the moment Charles opened his mouth.

Seems like it was months ago, but that might be because I've been missing his presence for the past 24 hours. Shifting in my seat as we arrive I begin to feel nervous. What if he didn't want me to come because he wasn't coming? What if he didn't want me to come because he was embarrassed? Too many possibilities to handle. I rub between my eyes and close my eyes for a few steps before we enter the house.

Going inside, the party has started and it's the normal way it always is. People are already smashed, passed out in the courtyard and around the house: half naked girls walking around in the cold night air, boys drooling and chasing girls around, fighting each other.

We slip between the crowds of people that hold red cups in the hands, alcohol spilling over the sides and splashing to the tiled floor. I remember the first party and the morning after. How Harry was the only one cleaning up, I frown slightly - feeling bad for adding to the mess.

"I'm going to find Niall, will you be okay?" Sarah touches my arm. I nod as she smiles, taking off through the crowds. I debate going to look for Zayn, but trust my brain for once telling me not to.