Chapter 28

Won't Go Home Without You - Maroon 5

Poison & Wine - The Civil Wars

How to Be a Heartbreaker - Marina and The Diamonds

_____________

The moment Harry says those words I pull my arm from him, millions of ideas running through my head. Was he hurt? Was he okay? Was he drunk? Too many questions for my head to handle, all I can manage is pull away from Harry and turn towards the house.

My legs finally function with my brain and I dash through the house after Louis, my feet quick as I slip through the seas of people. They don't pay mind to me as they're all too drunk to even know where they are.

I don't think you're going to like what you see. What the hell does that mean? What the hell is going on? I feel a clamp on my chest and panic raising as I find Louis slipping downstairs. Louis and Harry acting so secretive, it wasn't good. I knew it wasn't.

I've never been downstairs in my time being here. I follow after Louis and go to the basement. It's less people but twice as hectic. People are stumbling around, holding onto the walls. The noise is loud from the people but not the music.

The smell of alcohol is stained into the carpet that is placed on the floor - a pale blue color. I shake my head, blocking out the stench of the alcohol and I follow Louis into a second living room.

The seond living room is more calm, less people and more intimate. It's colder in the room and music is different than what plays through the rest of the house. I glance aorund the room for Louis and that's when I see him.

Zayn, sitting on the couch, two girls next to him smiling at him and throwing their heads forward and backward with laughter. I glance to his hand where he has a red cup, but it's spilling out over the sides.

I feel my chest tighten and my jaw clench at the sight of him with the girls. I don't say a word as I slip into hiding and watch Louis walk up to him. I resist the urge to walk up to Zayn and yell at him for making me believe he wanted to move forward with me after yesterday - but I let Louis go first, hoping I wasn't seeing the entire picture.

But seeing him with the two beautiful girls hurts. It hurts my heart, I know we aren't together - we aren't really anything - but after yesterday I thought we were going to take a step in the right direction and now we are here. I feel my heart tug as a beautiful girl presses a kiss to the side of his face, running her hand over his stomach.

Zayn smiles over at her and whispers something in her ear that causes her to smile and let out a soft giggle. I clench my jaw to block out the pain that threatens to rush through.

"Get up, you're drunk!" I hear Louis over the crowd of people. There is a good 20 people in the living room that could fit 30. There's more space in this area than the first, but still a little crowded.

"Louis, buddy, take a seat! Meet.... These girls." Zayn's drunk voice reaches me, it's slurred, heavy, and somewhat funny. I'm worried though, I have never seen Zayn drunk and this was on the verge of vomit drunk it would seem. I see one of the girls with blonde hair go to introduce themselves but Louis ignores them, glaring straight at Zayn.

"Zayn, now. You're not going to revert back to this!" Louis snaps. Revert back to drinking until blacking out? Too many questions fill my head of what he used to be like, the things I didn't know about him.

"Fuck you." Zayn snaps at him, his playfulness gone. "Go off with Eleanor and have your little evening together." Zayn commands.

"What about Juliet?" Louis says clearly. I open my mouth at the mention of my name. I slip closer to them, I need to hear this, I'm not sure how I'm fighting the urge to rush in and start yelling at Zayn or even speak up for that matter but I am.