Chapter 35

Hallelujah - Matthew Schuler (Cover)

Brokenhearted - Karmin (Acoustic Version)

____________

"Everything in the car?" Sarah asks as she shuts the trunk of the car. I nod my head as I get into her car. Zayn hasn't called or tried to get a hold of me since he left my at my door.

I'm worried about if he's okay, if we're okay, I'm worried about him all the time. Sarah get's into the car, letting fresh new air blow through. She starts the car and turns on the radio with a smile.

"Ready for the hour drive?" She laughs as we pull out of campus. I feel slight relief knowing that I am going home - a place I know like the back of my hand - no second guessing things or worry - nothing unexpected.

"You bet." I laugh with her as she turns on the heat and we drive towards Loveland. The drive is short, I'm too enveloped in my thoughts to have a conversation with Sarah and she's alright with it.

For some reason she has seemed nervous the entire drive, biting her lip, shifting often, her smile not always on her face as usual.

"Are you alright?" I ask as we are nearing her house. She nods and gives her classic smile.

"Why wouldn't it be?" She knits her eyebrows together with her puzzlement. I feel my lips tug down in the corner, I can tell she's lying but I'm not sure what she's trying to lie about.

"No reason." I give her a warm smile as we are driving in her neighborhood now. We drive around the pond to Sarah's beautiful three-story house.

It looks smaller outside than it really is. The house is a nice gray color with bricks building the garage.

She parks the car and gets out, I follow grabbing my phone. She grabs her bags from the trunk walks up to her house.

She's skipping as she reaches the front door and swings it open. I'm close behind as I hear her announce,

"Mom! Dad! I'm home!" She tosses her bags into the living room. I look around the familiar house. Inside it opens up into the light colored wood staircase and matching wood floor.

To our right is the living room that is filled with her furniture. I recall the sleepovers we had here, running up and down the stairs and playing princess games coming down her 'grand staircase'. Now the staircase isn't so grand, it's a normal sized L-shaped staircase.

"Sare-bear?" I hear her father call to her. I spot Sarah's tall light haired father walk into the living room from the kitchen. He wears deep blue polo and jeans.

Sarah squeals and jumps into his arms, hugging him tightly. Sarah's hair and eye color come from her dad, but her facial structure can be seen from her mom.

"Daddy!" She cheers as he sets her down and smiles at her.

"So glad you're home Sarah!" They're such a joyful family. "Isobel get in here! Sarah's home!" His low voice bellows through the house.

The walls of the living room are a calming brown, the furniture matching it. There are beautiful paintings hanging around the large living room. Her mother was always great at interior decorating, figures she would get a job in that area.

"What's that Cal?" I hear Sarah's mom call from upstairs.

She soon emerges at the top of the stairs. She wears a beautiful yellow dress that ends right below her knees. Sarah's mom has light brown hair that has an orange tint to it. Her eyes are a light blue and her face resembles Sarah's.