Chapter 16

Merry Christmas Eve! :) if you don't celebrate Christmas then Happy Holidays! :)

- there's a picture to the side of Zayn and Juliet!

Something I Need - One Republic

Somewhere Only We Know - Keane

The Scientist - Coldplay

__________

"No, I'm right!" I argue with him. We have been arguing this answer for several minutes now. Honestly, I have forgotten what the question even was, but I know I'm right. Actually I don't, I just know I can't let him be right. He doesn't get to be the smart one.

"Oh come on love," I feel my face redden at his pet name. "just admit defeat." Zayn gives a charming smile. I clench my jaw tightly and shake my head.

"No." I say through my teeth. It's late in the night, most likely nearing midnight.

"Come on, you said you didn't make perfect decisions." He points out in a playful tone causing me to force myself not to smile.

"I don't, no one does." I retort. He takes a moment before he speaks, his playful tone gone with the next words slipping out of his mouth.

"Aren't you tired of it?" He questions, his eyebrows lowering. "Tired of being this perfect girl living this perfectly boring life? You must be, you must want more." I recall the day he told me something like this.

Telling me exactly what I always wanted deep down inside, that I want more out of life. I want adventure, danger, a love that consumes me everyday. I want the unexpected... he's right, and I hate it.

I almost expect him to touch me again, whisper in my ear the way he did the first time he said similar things. I find myself hoping he will... No, this isn't what I want, he's not what I want.

"It's safe, it's easy." I shrug. Why was I talking to him about my life again? This wasn't the night we met. "I'm right though." I quickly shift back to our argument. "I always am."

"Apparently not, your test grade speaks for itself." He snickers, thankfully leaving my boring life conversation alone. "Well I guess you'll keep getting lower grades than me." He announces with a shrug. We are sitting on the floor of his room. Well he's laying, propped up on his below. I'm sitting with my back against his bed.

Papers are scattered between us, laid out so we can read them with ease. I am grateful for the papers being in the middle for it forced him to keep his distance. We actually managed to study some, learning a few things from the unexpected study session.

Surprisingly he was quite helpful tonight allowing me to have some enjoyment to my ruined night, he wasn't mean when I was wrong, though he wouldn't let me forget if I was.

He knew what he was talking about, sometimes though I would just stare at his lips as he read the paper. Imagining a kiss, listening to the way he formed some words, how perfect they sounded coming from him...

"So do you only like The Script?" his comment surprises me, we had done a decent job of keeping on task for studying the only time we would get off topic is when we would argue about who was right or not.

"What?" I ask, I heard him, but for some reason I don't think I heard him correctly.

"Last time we were here you said your favorite band was The Script." He reminds, I remember clearly but I try to act puzzled by his reminder.

"Oh..." I try to sound disinterested but honestly I have a warm feeling in my chest knowing he remembers that and the fact he openly admits remember it. "I um... Well I don't have ONE favorite."