Chapter 40

(A/N: I didn't hit 400 votes but I can't withold a chapter from you guys! :) I just get so excited when I finish writing - I had to post it! Thank you for trying to get me those votes though! Love you all!)

Distance (feat. Jason Mraz) – Christina Perri

Holding on and Letting Go – Ross Copperman

_____________

It's Monday now, two days since that rough night. Zayn hasn't called or tried to apologize since then. I had hoped he'd be waiting outside the dorm room after Sarah and I got back from church the other day like before, but no such luck. I wasn't going to be the one to cave and call him.

I couldn't be the one to cave. He was so infuriating, him and Erica. The main thing that's been on my mind, I woner if he had gone and found her after leaving the room. I wonder what would have happened if I went after him - we'd probably would have gotten into a bigger fight.

I had stayed the rest of the night with Sarah. She didn't ask any questions, no one did. Thankfully Harry kept me some good company, we argued a lot about laser tag – mostly because of how drunk I was.

Sarah hasn't asked me anything about her birthday party since then, which I feel awful for ruining with my drama. It wasn't all my fault though, at least I don't think it was. I did provoke him with Harry, but it wouldn't have started if he hadn't invited Erica.

He doesn't show up for psychology and I find myself wondering if he got into another fight. My thoughts were being invaded by him again – like always. Classes fly by, the week flies by and before I know it it's Wednesday and he's still not in class.

I use most of my time to dance my frustrations and confusions away. I would dance until I thought I was going to collapse, getting my anger out the best I could. But it would only help momentarily.

When I would see Sarah and Niall my mind would go crazy with frustration. Why couldn't Zayn and I be that simple? Why couldn't I just forget about him and move on to some one else?

"Hey Jules." I turn to Sarah who gives me a small smile. "I'm headed out to dinner, you good?" I glance at the desk where my books are spread out.

"Yeah..." I breathe. "Oh wait Sarah!" I call to her, jumping out of my seat as she reaches for the door. She turns to me with arched eyebrows.

"What's up?"

"I never gave you my gift..." I trail off, digging through my drawers to find her gift - the gift I hid from her so she wouldn't stumble upon it.

"Oh Jules, you didn't have to." She smiles at my gift. I hand it out to her, it's tightly wrapped in a light glittering pink wrapping with a light orange bow wrapped around it. She takes it in her hand and shakes her head. "I shouldn't accept a gift from you Jules."

"Sarah, you buy me dresses, open it." I say sternly, a smile on my lips though. She rolls her eyes,

"Well if you insist." She laughs, setting down her purse and walking to the counter. She quickly unwraps the gift and looks at the picture frame. In the frame is a picture of Sarah and I from dance class - where we first became friends.

I see the small tears gather in her eyes as she covers her mouth with her fingertips. "Oh Jules." She breathes, shaking her head.

"There's also a little coupon on the back of the frame." I point to my written note. "It's a written statement saying I'll go shopping with you without complaining, only once though!" I clarify as she hugs me tightly.

"Jules this is perfect!" She exclaims releasing me. "And I'm going to take you up on that shopping date." She smiles, wiping her eyes as she puts the picture frame onto her desk. "Listen... I'm not going to ask about my party at the frat house... I just want you to know I'm here for you." She gives a small smile.