Chapter 63

One Night - Christina Perri

Oceans (Where Feet May Fail) - Hillsong UNITED

Wasteland - NEEDTOBREATH

Stay With Me - Sam Smith

My Skin - Natalie Merchant

___________

The hot water hits my skin, burning against the coldness of the rain. I close my eyes and enjoy the hot water. Letting it cleanse away all the confusion, emotion, all the mess that tonight has been.

I don't take too long in the shower. Climbing out of the shower I wipe the fog from the mirror and stare at my reflection for a moment. My lips tug downward and wrinkles are creased into my forehead. I shake my head and quickly dry off as I change into Zayn's black shirt and boxers that Louis' had given to me. I hang my clothes on one of the chairs in the kitchen, hoping they'll dry soon.

Louis' still is in Zayn's room, I decide not to eavesdrop more - I don't want to hear anything that would complicate more things. I heat a pot of water, finding packets of tea in Zayn's cabinet of food. After the water boils I pour it into two mugs, setting tea bags into the hot water.

I find some honey in the cabinets, pouring some into my tea as I stir it. I take a drink, enjoying the warm tea that calms my body. I hold the cup in my hands as I stare at the counter. I wonder what was going on in the room... I wonder what on earth Zayn was saying.

This is the worst I've seen Zayn - well on of the worst. I've never seen him drunk and fighting someone. I've seen the two separately but never together. Together it gave him a... heartless air about him, something cold and dangerous that I didn't like. I glance at the hallway as I hear a door shut. Louis' walks out with a towel, drying his damp hair.

"Hi." I smile at him as he walks over to me. He gives me a quick nod, noticing the other mug on the counter.

"Thanks love." He smiles back at me, taking the mug and drinks from it. Exhaling with a smile, his tense shoulders slump now as he begins to relax.

"Everything alright?" I ask softly, watching Louis who nods slowly. I worry about what he might say, what might have happened in the room or what Zayn had said.

"It's alright." He nods. "He's out for the night I think... Got him cleaned up a bit, he's going to have a bad lip for a while but other than that he should be alright." Louis assures. I nod slowly as we drink our tea in silence.

There's not much to be said, the rain still falls from the sky outside - echoing in the apartment like before. I lower my eyes to the counter again. What would I have done without Louis? I would be wandering the streets aimlessly looking for Zayn - that's what I would have done.

"You know while you're here helping me out," I laugh lightly as I continue, "Why don't we send off your resume to my uncle?" I offer, pulling out my phone and opening up my e-mail.

"Yeah... sure let's do that." He nods - knowing I needed a distraction and some company.

~ ~ ~

Louis and I sit on the couch in the living room, he had started a fire in the fireplace, by now it was dying out. I stare at the fire that was flickering, the flame beginning to burn away.

It took only a few minutes to send the e-mail to Steven. Thankfully Louis decided to stay a while longer - grateful for his company since I felt very alone and confused at the moment.

"So you doing okay?" he asks quietly, I turn my eyes to him and give a small nod.

"I'm fine." I nod. "I just... never pictured this being my life." I shrug. If I were to picture my life - a realistic one, I would see it being with Sarah right now. We'd be having a girls night or be in Loveland visiting our families - something routine and boring.