Chapter 38

Let It Go – Dragonette

I Could Be The One – Avicii

Midnight Memories – One Direction

___________

I feel warmth crawling up my skin. My eyes slowly open. The sun is shining in from my window, heating my skin through the cold autumn weather outside. I blink slowly a few times, blinking away the sleep. Last nights memories hit me like a train and I quickly scramble around my bed in search for my phone.

Finding it I see two messages, one from Zayn and another from Niall. I gather that after a while he must have ended the call.

"You fell asleep on the phone so I ended the call, good night Juliet. Come home." I stare at the message and I memorize it.

Come home, Boulder was my home now there was no doubt about it. Even through his text I can tell he isn't requesting I come home, he's commanding me to. I smile though - despite that fact - at the message he had left and slowly exit it to see the next message.

"Hey Jules, it's Niall, I got the text sent out and the party is going to be tonight for Sarah's birthday, told her I wanted her home early for a dinner – play along please :)"

Reading this text is a relief and annoying. I always planned Sarah's birthdays, the most I did for this was pick a place. Niall had sent out the invites and the date. I feel bad I didn't play a bigger part but I'm relieved he took the lead, all the thoughts in my head were overwhelming and I could hardly concentrate on walking let alone plan Sarah a birthday party.

It's quiet in the house and I know my parents went out with Jeremy for the afternoon. I find a note on the counter saying they didn't want to wake me up but they will be back soon.

As I rummage through the pantry and refrigerator I begin to make myself something to eat. As I begin pouring my cereal into the bowl there is a knock at my door. I pray that it isn't Matt who has come looking for me.

Resting my hand on the cool handle of the door I take a deep breath preparing myself for any possibility before opening it.

I'm relieved to see Sarah's blue eyes staring at me, her foot tapping on the ground with impatience. I raise an eyebrow at her looking like she had been waiting for years for me to open the door.

"About time." She sighs walking past me into the house. I look behind her and see her parents car driving away. I turn back to her and shut the door, waiting for her to explain what she was doing here.

"What's going on?" My voice wary, I wonder if she has news about Matt for me.

"There's been a change of plans, we're leaving right now. Niall wants me home tonight, he says he has a birthday dinner planned for the two of us." I smile at her, knowing the secret that she didn't. This would most likely be the first time she's actually been surprised by her birthday party.

"Right... You want to leave right now?" I point to the ground with my index finger and a raised eyebrow. She nods and clears her throat, flipping some of her blonde hair over her shoulder.

"You didn't lock my car last night – you never lock your car and you should start." Her motherly advice chimes through the house and I smile at her. "Anyways I shoved my bags in there, now all I need is you and the keys." She opens her hand out to me, the palm facing the ceiling waiting for the keys. I roll my eyes.

"I guess we're leaving." I mumble, I rush to my room and write a quick note to my parents. Promising that it was an emergency and I will call them tomorrow explaining everything – I know my mom will be upset with me leaving without a proper goodbye but I didn't have much choice.