Chapter 53

(A/N: To clear up confusion Stacy and Caroline – DIFFERENT girls. Stacy is Blake's ex and was talked about in Chapter 24. Caroline is the girl we don't know anything about but was from Zayn's nightmare! :) Hope that helped a bit!

- I picture Caroline looking like Dianna Agron by the way, forgot to mention that in the last chapter!)

Sirens – Cher Lloyd

Need You Now – Plumb

Wrap My Mind Around You – Trent Dabbs

___________

Friday... Five days since it's all happened, four days I've managed to hide the bruises from everyone, three days I've managed to keep it all in. Four days that I haven't seen Zayn, three nights that I've laid awake at night – too scared to sleep for the fear of him coming into my mind and hurting me, that I wish more than anything I could be wrapped in his arms again.

I sit in Psychology, staring at the desk I sit at, the markings left by other students. The classroom is filled with the sound of Mr. Collin's voice – lecturing us about some mental disorder.

Zayn hasn't answered my calls, he hasn't shown up to class, and whenever I ask Louis about him he never has an answer. I'm worried sick about where he is and what he is doing or has already done. He wasn't himself since Sunday – neither was I but at least I knew I wouldn't do anything irrational.

Everyone has been treating me like a glass doll that is about to shatter into pieces since Sunday. I always catch Sarah staring at me with concern in her eyes offering shopping trips. Liam tries too hard to make me smile in chemistry – always making jokes when there wasn't one to be made and Lindsay is always forcing a smile on her face offering to take me to lunch every day. I appreciate all of them attempting to make me feel better – but it just keeps reminding me of what happened. Their cautious behavior just reminds me that he hurt me.

I pull on the sleeves of my shirt, tugging them down further to cover my wrists. No one has seen the bruises and if they have they haven't said a word. I know Sarah hasn't seen them – I've done my best to hide them from her. If she ever saw them she would go ballistic, she would call the cops, she would do anything and everything – making a spectacle out of it.

When class ends I slowly stand up and gather my things. I glance at the empty desk where Zayn usually sits – no one sits there in his absence. I reach for my phone and send him the sixth text of the day, asking him to call me. I know he won't respond but I have hope he will.

"Ms. Augustine, may I talk to you please?" Mr. Collins calls to me. I pause at the door and glance around – just in case I had imagined it. Mr. Collins stares at me, waiting for me to respond.

"Sure." I nod, walking back into the classroom. He nods and leans against his desk, folding his arms and looking me over.

"You've seem very distracted lately... is everything alright?" He asks, wrinkling his forehead with concern.

"Uh, yeah, fine. Everything is fine." I lie to him. The last thing I need is a teacher getting involved in this fiasco.

"Would you join me for a cup of coffee?" He offers, standing up and grabbing his papers.

"What?" I ask too quickly and he can tell the surprise and concern in my voice. He shakes his head and smiles,

"Not in that way... We need to talk, your grades are slipping in this class just from these past two weeks." He explains. We had to go to coffee to discuss my grades? Mr. Collins turns to me, all his papers in hands, he raises an eyebrow waiting for me to reply. I let out a heavy breath and nod.