Chapter 45

(A/N: You guys hit the goal! Love you all! Heads up there are a few flashbacks in this! Flashbacks are italicized!:) Same as the last chapter! I went on a bit of a writing frenzy haha so much I wanted to put in this chapter! Oh and Juliet's outfit is to the side!)

Breathe – Taylor Swift

Holding On and Letting Go - Ross Copperman

Covering Your Tracks – Amy Stroup

High Hopes - Kodaline

_______________

I slip on a pale grey dress that ends low on my thighs. It has a faux leather belt and strap. It has light ivory petals made of chiffon material on the bodice – the V of my chest.

I bite my lip, staring in the mirror as I look over my body. Running my hand through my loose curls I glance at Sarah who is asleep in her bed. I glance at my phone as I see the text from Matt, saying he was a few minutes away from Starbucks.

I feel the knots in my stomach tightening. I hadn't talked to Zayn since yesterday. I wasn't even sure what to say – I hadn't had much time to think about it considering how Matt had invaded my life out of nowhere.

I don't answer his text but simply shove the phone into my bag. I pause, noticing the bracelet sitting in the drawer of my desk. I look down at the simple silver bracelet sitting amongst the clutter of all the pens and paper. I glance at Sarah who is still asleep. Shaking my head I shut the drawer. I had no idea why I had kept it...

Taking a last look in the mirror I leave the dorm in a hurry. My mind is blank as I drive to Starbucks. I didn't know what to expect, all I knew was that I had to keep it together.

I sit in the car for a moment, I see his car sitting in the parking lot and can spot him through the window. I take deep breaths, feeling light headed, feeling my heart tighten and my stomach coiling.

Licking my lips I finally move and open the car door. Stepping out into the cool morning air I focus on the sound of each step I take towards the building. I feel the tension building in my body with every step. His head turns to me and his light eyes set on me as I step into the warm building.

"Julie." I turn to Matt who walks into the restaurant, bringing in the cold air with him. He rests a hand on my back and greets me with a warm kiss on the cheek. "I'm sorry I'm late, lacrosse practice went way over, coach was angry... Were you waiting long?"

"No." I shake my head, looking at the host who stands at his podium.

"Right, well we should get our table then." He smirks, telling the host his name, the man quickly pulls two menus and leads us to our table in the back. Matt pulls out the chair for me and I smile as I take a seat.

"I have a gift." Matt smiles, he digs into his pocket and quickly exposes a black velvet box.

"Matt, you didn't have to." I smile up at him, taking the box.

"It's our three year anniversary, thought I'd do something special." He smiles right back at me. I let out a light laugh and shake my head as I pop open the black velvet box.

A gorgeous silver bracelet sits in the velvet. It's simple – like us, nothing extravagant. I smile as I slide it onto my wrist and stare at it. It's loose around my wrist but stays on.

"I love you Julie." I turn to Matt who smiles, leaning in and kissing me lightly on the lips before turning back to his menu. I smile at him, then down at the bracelet he had given me. This was so routinely, I was happy – I was content...