Chapter 68

As the credits roll, passing through the screen, all I do is stare blankly at the screen. Even though I've read the book, memorized it, lived it, the movie still sent me into shock. I can tell Zayn is smirking at me, smiling at my reaction, I doubt he even paid attention to the movie.

Majority of the time he was kissing the side of my face, intertwining our fingers, brushing his fingers down my back, up my leg, along my arm. Anything to distract me it seemed.

After the movie returns to the home screen I relax into his arms and shake my head. Wrapping my thoughts around what I had just seen.

"Haven't you read the book?" Zayn's deep chuckle reaches me in my silence. His fingers brush against the side of my face before I find my words.

"Yeah but... I just... It's been a while." I laugh lightly. A tragic ending to a tragic love story. I glance at Zayn and purse my lips in a tight line; his lips tug downward at my expression. "I should really go back to the dorms... Sarah and I need to talk things out."

I'm hoping Sarah has cooled down and that she's back from her friends. I understand why she's upset but I can't just do everything she wants and thinks is right. Things were changing in our lives - that much was evident but we were adaptable. We could manage these changes.

"Right." Zayn frowns for a moment before pulling me closer to him, he presses a kiss to the side of my face before taking my wrist in his hand. His thumb brushes over the heart and he looks back to me.

"I'm going to get my stuff together." I say quietly, God knows I don't want to leave but if I didn't make an effort to leave now I know I'll get roped in to stay another night.

Zayn nods, leaning back into the couch as I get up and walk out of the living room. I walk into the bedroom with a heavy sigh. I walk to my bag on the table next to the bed, shoving my pajamas inside.

I turn to my purse and dig for my phone. I can't imagine Sarah trying to contact me after our fight - but I want to make sure just in case. I find my phone with ease, pulling it from my purse as my Chap Stick rolls out and under the bed. I groan with annoyance as I get onto the cold wooden floor and look under the bed for it.

I spot it next to a single white envelope. I sit up glancing towards the bedroom door. Why is there an envelope under his bed? I glance back at the floor under the bed, I shouldn't snoop... I shouldn't dig around in his stuff but... I lean back down, grabbing my Chap Stick and the envelope.

I sit down, my back against the bed as I look at the envelope; the front is stamped with a government emblem. It looks as if it's been worn down, opened and closed repeatedly to read whatever was inside.

I take a deep breath, debating my options. I shouldn't be doing this, I know I shouldn't but I had to. Why would Zayn have a government sealed envelope under his bed? I open the envelope, glancing over the stapled pieces of paper. I can't make sense of half the words or terms, but it was a police report, in the name of Zayn.

Was this from all the times he had broken the law and got caught? I couldn't tell from what was typed onto the paper. All the terms were legal and didn't make much sense. I catch the title of one of the papers though, words I knew and understood.

In the Justice Court of Bradford, England:
Restraining order Dower - applicant vs. Malik - adverse party

You are the adverse party, you are hereby notified that any intentional or unintentional violation of this order is a criminal violation.

A date follows it, a date that was around the time Zayn had come here a few years ago... I feel my chest tightening with stress and fear. I try to calm my racing mind, convincing myself not to freak out but I can't help but feel the pressure on my chest.