Chapter 30

Begin Again - Taylor Swift (favorite song for this chapter!)

Now Is the Start - A Fine Frenzy

Anything Can Happen - Ellie Goulding

_________

Sarah and I are at the dance studio several hours later. Zayn and I hadn't exactly figured things out but we agree to try and brush off the other night - even though I am still angry and my trust in him is stilly shaky. We hadn't gone over the details or talked about them - but everything seemed to be moderately okay and hopefully it would stay that way for the time being.

Dancing with Sarah was fun, I wasn't able to dance my emotion away but she took my mind off of everything. Laughing as we choreograph a dance together she sits down and shakes her head, her blonde curls moving with her head.

"I'm done. You've worn me out." She announces, opening her arms open, throwing her head back. Sarah is breathing a lot harder than I am, sweat covering her body.

"Been a while since you've worked out?" I tease her lightly, sitting down and beginning to stretch out. Sarah and I used to dance together in high school for fun, but she was usually busy with cheer. I was thankful she had stopped cheering; it gave me more time with her.

"Oh shut it, I remember how sore you were the first time you went back to dancing." She teases right back. We explode in laughter, I'm not sure why we are laughing, our comments weren't even that funny. I have a feeling it's the endorphins running through our system.

Once our laughter subsides and it begins to get dark outside we finally decide to head back to the dorms. Swinging my bag over my shoulder. Sarah follows me to the car as we say bye to Tracy. The cold night air feels good against my sticky hot skin.

"How are you and Niall?" I ask as I get into the passenger side. She slides into her seat and turns the car on, rolling down the windows so the autumn air can run through the vehicle.

"We're great. I think he's planning something for my birthday." She smiles as we drive away. Oh crap, with everything going on I forgot about her birthday! It was in the back of my head but I hadn't even began to plan anything.

"Oh?" I try my best to sound disinterested

"Yeah." She smiles. "He was asking about you the other day. He was wondering if you were okay." She explains. I'm thankful that she hasn't asked what happened with Zayn, though I know she's dying inside to get the details about our talk.

"Wondering if I was okay?" I repeat back slightly baffled.

"Yeah, cause you wanted to leave so bad the other night." She reminds. "he was just worried because you seemed so distressed."

"Oh... well you told him not to worry yeah?"

"Of course." She laughs at my silly question. We stop for dinner on the way back to the dorms, picking up some burritos from Qdoba. When we finally get back to the dorms, I help Sarah with some calculus before studying my own work. I pray as we go to bed that everything will be okay between Zayn and I tomorrow.

In class the next day I'm there fifteen minutes early, looking over notes for the class. Zayn and I haven't studied since that night of the bonfire. I figure it's good though, if we were to study now I'm not sure we would get studying done.

It seemed like with every second I spent with Zayn more of him comes to light and at the same time there's more being hidden. Even during our honest conversations he holds things back, but I know better than to push him to tell me.