Chapter 31

Kiss Me - Sixpence None the Richer

We Found Love - Boyce Avenue

The Scientist - Coldplay (Acoustic Version)

___________

"So..." Sarah strings out her words slowly as she watches me. "You're going then?" Sarah asks me as I stand staring at myself in the mirror. I can tell she is debating how she feels about it. She believes in second chances and so did I, but Zayn was pushing it.

Zayn asked me on a date Monday and I couldn't say no, how could I ever say no to him when he asks me something like that?

The week flew by after that; I was on a high of happiness. Zayn had continuously talked to me in class and would walk me back to my dorm. We didn't fight once all week and I believe it has something to do with the date today - Friday and the fact he was trying to make up for last week.

I was still surprised he asked me on a date - even though it was a result from wanting to know why he was glaring at Mr. Collins. Though I feel deep down he was trying to find a way to apologize for his beahvior last week too.

Today had passed by quickly, I took my test in Psychology and I'm pretty sure I aced it, and though I hate to admit it Zayn did help me do that.

I had no idea what to expect though. Was it going to be fancy? Was it going to be typical - movie and dinner? Would I need to be in a dress or in every day wear? He hadn't told me a single detail about the date just told me he would pick me up today at seven and to 'be ready'.

Ready for what though? I had flipped through possible dates he could take me on. Another break in to a building, maybe he would take me to go vandalize something, he was always trying to find ways to get me to do things I've never done - even the bad things.

"Yeah." I swallow, my throat is dry from my heavy breathing and thoughts. I turn to Sarah and flip my hair over my shoulder, she had curled it for me and they were perfect as usual when she would do it.

"Please tell me you aren't breaking into a museum again?" She asks with slight humor but there's seriousness to her tone.

I glance at her forgetting I had told her the story of the date when I was telling her about my worries about this date. She was shocked at first, gasping, and then she burst into laughter at the fact he did that.

She continued to ask me questions I didn't know how to answer, like why he did it, did he make the picnic, how much of the night was him? I ask those questions myself often, he admitted to planning the date but how much did he plan and how much did he just do in the moment?

"I hope not." I laugh. I slide into a pair of leggings and a cute royal blue top. I slip on a white cardigan and turn to the mirror examining myself.

"If you wear those leggings you won't be coming home a virgin." Sarah says behind me. I gasp and laugh at her comment.

"Sarah!" I turn to her, shocked that she had said that.

"What?" She laughs lifting her shoulders up and dropping them. "You're a dancer Jules, you have a dancers butt and well Zayn... unless he has incredible self control unlike most guys you might-"

"It's fine." I interrupt her with a smirk. I slide on my pair of Uggs and smile at my finished outfit. Comfortable, warm, and cute, it was good for any type of date he was going to take me on.

"Well you look cute!" Sarah smiles, getting off her bed and walking to me. She fixes some of my curls before I put some eyeliner and mascara on. "I'm glad you're going on a date." She smiles, holding my hands in hers, giving them a tight squeeze before she sits down again.