Chapter 76

Empire - Shakira

A Sky Full of Stars - Coldplay

______________

Louis doesn't get to say another word as Zayn returns. Louis solemnly hands the phone back over to me. He gives me an assured look to let me know we'll talk more later. I nod and stuff the phone back into my pocket.

"Want me to take you back to your dorm?" Zayn asks quietly, resting a hand on my back. I glance at Louis and a tired Eleanor. I nod – that would be best. I could meet up with Louis without having to explain anything to Zayn.

"Yeah that sounds good." I smile at him. He smiles back at me, walking around and getting into the car. I follow his lead, getting in after him.

When I get back to the dorm room it's empty. I figure Sarah has decided to stay with Niall tonight. I quickly slip into warm pajamas and cuddle myself underneath the blankets.

I stare at the ground. Suddenly not tired at all. Louis' reaction had my heart racing. That was not a good reaction, it wasn't bad but it definitely wasn't good. Louis knew this girl, he knew the girl Zayn was drawing. I shut my eyes, trying to force myself to get sleep but Louis' reaction replays in my mind.

A good night ruined by my curiosity yet again. I should just let Zayn tell me on his own – but would that ever happen? This secret was one that never seemed to come up and he didn't seem set on ever letting it come up.

I sit up and climb off my bed, grabbing my phone and dialing Louis' number right away. I pace the small dorm room, biting on my lip while the phone rings. It's only been about a half hour since I left – I doubt he's asleep. I really hope I'm not waking him up...

"Jules?" His voice isn't groggy but it is tired and curious. I rub between my eyes and take a deep breath.

"Louis I know it's late but... can we meet up?" I ask lightly.

"Yeah of course, what's wrong?" He asks. I scrunch my eyebrows together, did he not remember that moment a few minutes ago when I showed him that picture and he clearly said 'oh shit'?

"The picture, earlier tonight." I say slowly. Was I going insane? Did I imagine showing Louis the picture? He seemed clueless. There's silence for a moment before he clears his throat.

"Oh... Right... Want to come to my apartment? I'll text you the address." He offers. I let out a heavy sigh, I feel the guilt of having to keep Louis up at this hour. It's late and he's probably tired. I can't be selfish and make him come stay up to talk to me about Zayn's secrets.

"I'm texting it to you Jules, just come over." He says again – breaking my train of thought. "Don't worry, I'm wide awake... especially after seeing that picture." He mumbles. I feel my stomach twist in ways it has never done before.

"Okay." I quietly say. Ending the call I put on a change of clothes, jeans and a t-shirt, slide my arms into a warm jacket and leave the empty dorm room. My phone rings with the text from Louis, his address highlighted on the screen. Entering it into the GPS I drive through Boulder.

The empty streets make the knots in my stomach twist more. Though I know it's past midnight it still feels eerie out here in the empty dark roads. I pass a few cars once in a while, but other than that no one else is out.

I find my way to Louis' apartment with ease. I don't take time to notice the place, I just rush inside and take the elevator to his floor. Rushing to the door, my feet almost taking me in a full jog, I reach the black door.

I pause at the door and hesitate. Closing my eyes and taking in a deep breathe. I shouldn't be doing this, I had told myself I would stop being curious, that I would let Zayn tell me his secrets on his own... I look at the door and shake my head.