Chapter 48

Endlessly - The Cab

All I Want - Kodaline

She's Got You High - Mumm ra

All We Are - Matt Nathanson

____________

I'm in shock. I've been staring at Zayn for a minute with no answer. I can see the panic in his eyes but I can't form words. I couldn't have heard him right. I heard him wrong - I had to. There was no possible way I had just heard those words. Did we crash on the motorcycle and I was somehow in a dreamstate of a coma?

"Is that a yes?" Was it even a question? I can hardly remember what he said; I don't think it was a question. Then again when has Zayn ever really asked me for something. "Forget it." He mumbles shaking his head.

"No." I quickly reach out and take his arm. "I mean yes." I laugh shaking my head. "I mean... Did you ask what I think you asked?" I ask for clarification, flustered and confused in my own thoughts and words. Zayn looks around quickly and slowly nods his head.

"I think so." I stare at him for a moment before finding my words again.

"Are you serious Zayn?" I ask, watching him - looking for any indication that this might be some cruel joke. His eyes stare at me with no trace of anything but honesty.

"I'm completely serious." his velvet voice answers me. He was serious. He was really serious. Wasn't he? This couldn't be real, it just couldn't. I can feel myself smiling without knowing it, this was surreal.

"Then yes! Of course." I laugh with excitement. I quickly pull Zayn to me and attach my lips to his. I'm too happy to give him much of a kiss though, I feel like I may wake up from this moment at any second. I pull away and stare at him, shaking my head. "Are you really serious?" I ask again.

The reality of this situation wasn't very real. I had to know it was real. I had to have him assure me he was serious - I'm not sure how many more times but I had to. Never had I imagined this could really happen. That he would get past his issues of labels and being with someone.

"I'm really serious." He nods, standing up and beginning to pick up the picnic. I raise an eyebrow at his action.

"So you're walking away to prove it's serious?" I question as he begins cleaning up the stuff.

"This wasn't the date..." This wasn't the date? Then what was it? I look around at the picnic he begins to clean up. It sure seemed like a date.

"Okay, then what was this?" I indicate to it all. He shakes his head at my obvliviosness.

"This was just in case you said no." He thought I would say no? Well to be fair if I were in his position I would be a little questioning about that too. We were opposites, we didn't get along often, we fought a lot, doesn't seem to make a good relationship. And we weren't even in a good position to start the date off, we were in the midst of a fight.

But he still thought I might say no? In what universe would I ever do that? Then again, in what universe did Zayn and I make sense in? None, except his and mine.

My body is tingling with the shock of what has happened. I had agreed to be his girlfriend, we had a label, we knew what we were, there wasn't going to be anymore guessing.

Zayn offers out his hand. I take a moment, processing the moment that previously happened. Taking a deep breath and gulping I take his hand - officially accepting what has happened, my future, my new life.

"So where are we going then?" I ask as we walk towards his car, I'm happy we aren't taking the motorcycle again. While thrilling and fun I don't think I could handle another adrenaline rush. My heart was already beating faster than a hummingbirds and I don't think it was going to slow down.