Chapter 20

I MADE A TRAILER!! It's on the side! :) take a look!

(Kissed You) Good Night by Gloriana

_____________

Jumping out of my skin, having a heart attack, I stand up looking around. My stomach drops as I see flashlights and two men in blue uniforms. I feel a hand wrap around my arm and I'm being pulled away.

"Hey you! Freeze!" I hear their voice boom, I'm frozen. My feet move, but my mind is stuck in that moment. I was going to jail, I was going to get yelled at, my scholarship...

Oh God, my scholarship... I finally snap back to reality as the cold air hits me. Zayn is pulling me through the streets. We run out of the building and I let out heavy breaths. Looking around I collect my thoughts.

I feel a rushing sensation through my body. My head buzzing, my body light. This must be what true adrenaline feels like, brushing with the law. The first misfit thing I have ever done besides a little underage drinking, which was usually at weddings or holidays.

Though the adrenaline wears off quickly as we are walking towards the restaurant. My common sense kicks in. The common sense of the stupidity of what we had done. Breaking and entering.

"Zayn... that's why we don't break and enter." I scold him as I finally catch my breath.

"Sorry for trying to live a little." He snaps back, I feel his anger forming. I'm not sure if it was from me or having to run from our perfect little moment all I know is that his anger feeds into mine.

"If we had gotten caught, I don't know what my parents would do to me! I could lose my scholarship!" I let out an angry breath.

"I was just trying to give you a fun night." He fumes back at me. I narrow my eyes and shake my head. Fun or no fun I had a scholarship at risk, I had a life at risk.

"You're ridiculous, we were having a good night you didn't have to do something like break into the museum and do that, I appreciate it but... you don't have to go to that length to impress me." I assure him. Wrong words.

"I didn't do that for you." He growls angry now. "It was just some stupid thing. It wasn't my planning. I'm not trying to impress shit." He snaps walking away. "Not like I wanted to come on this date anyway." I hear faintly. Here are the contradictions.

Him saying he volunteered yet now he claims he didn't want to come. I close my mouth, there goes the night, there goes the Zayn I liked... the one I wanted him to be.

"Take me back to the dorms please." I command more than ask of him. He doesn't say anything as we walk to his car and get in. The drive back to the dorms is more than awkward. As he stops outside the building I debate whether to do something or not. I decide to go the safest way,

"Thanks for tonight..." I whisper. "It was... nice." I wait in the car, he doesn't say anything. His hand tightly grips the steering wheel and I know he won't say anything. I sigh and get out of the car.

As soon as I enter the dorm I strip off my shoes and relax. Sarah turns from her computer, she's dressed in her pajamas already. Strange... I thought her and Niall would be out on their own carriage ride.

"You're home early." My surprise is evident in my voice.

"Yeah..." She trails off. "How was your date?" Sarah smiles as I walk into the room. I give a small smile and shake my head.

"It was alright." I breathe, changing into my pajamas quickly.

"Alright?" She widens here eyes. "Dang you are hard to impress." She laughs to herself. I slip on my large t-shirt and eye her suspiciously.