Chapter 64

(AGH! I made a Zuliet video! I hope you all will watch it :) It's to the side!)

What If I Told You – Jason Walker

Dust to Dust – Civil Wars

Two Is Better Than One – Boys Like Girls

Mine – Taylor Swift

Wild Place – Glass Pear

_____________

The bed is cold as I slowly open my eyes. I turn my head to find it empty next to me. I roll my head to the other side, staring out the window. The storm has passed; the sky is a light gray with the sunlight beaming from behind it.

I let out a heavy breath, resting a hand over my face as I force myself to wake up. I slowly sit up in bed, noises from the kitchen reaching me in the bedroom. I swing my feet over the edge of the bed and prepare myself for what awaits me.

I pull my hair into a ponytail and walk down the hall. I reach the main room, glancing towards the kitchen where Zayn cooks breakfast. He's dressed for the day, black jeans and a white shirt. I slowly walk towards the kitchen, knowing he doesn't notice me as he focuses on cooking up the omelet. The smell is heavenly but I don't feel all too hungry right now – just nervous.

I wasn't sure what was going to happen. I just knew we had to figure things out, we had to or else this was going to fall apart. I sit down at the counter, watching him for a moment before speaking.

"You made breakfast?" Zayn turns away from the stove and his eyes sweep over me, causing me to blush. He shrugs and turns back to the stove.

"An 'I'm sorry for being such an ass' breakfast... An apology for basically everything that's happened. And a happy one month." He mumbles, setting down the food in front of me. I glance at the decadent omelet he made and look back at him.

"One month?" I ask lightly – more accusingly.

"Yeah... I remembered." He nods, not looking at me as I can tell he's embarrassed by the confession. I stare at the food and shake my head. Last night was a mess and he couldn't make it up with simply making me food.

"This past month has felt like years Zayn..." I state, picking at my food. Taking a bite from the aromatic omelet.

"I'm sorry. I have a gift... well I was going to get a gift but... I didn't know if you did that for one-month things... Never made it this far." He admits sheepishly. Never made it this far – ever... This was the longest relationship he's ever had and it wasn't even really a relationship. We rarely did anything a normal couple would do except kiss.

"Zayn I don't want a gift." I mumble, shaking my head. I didn't feel like smiling and thanking him for some expensive gift he decided to get.

"Just... just let me." He stops me from continuing as he disappears for a moment and returns with his guitar. I sigh heavily, he was going to sing to me and I didn't know how I felt about it right now.

"Zayn-" I didn't want to hear him sing right now. I was in a strange mood, I just wanted to talk, to figure things out – to get all this emotional build up out of the way.

"Please, just let me." He quietly begs. I give a small nod and he quickly begins playing the strings. His eyes focusing on the guitar as his voice begins to fill the apartment.

"I remember what you wore on the first day. You came into my life and I thought hey you know, this could be something... Cause everything you do and words you say, you know that it all takes my breath away and now I'm left with nothing." I knew the song – I had heard it a few times, but coming from Zayn it was much more deep and touching.