Chapter 5

"You're more interesting though." He adds quickly, which makes my blush and look away. "Believe it or not. Never had a conversation like this with anyone. Even my mother." He laughs.

"So your family... who's there?"

"I grew up with my mum and sisters. Two younger sisters, I love them to death."

"So you're a family person." I smile at the kindness that is taking over him. He shrugs,

"I guess"' He mumbles. I can tell he's embarrassed about how he talks about his family from the red tint taking his cheeks. "You? Your family?"

"I grew up with my mom and dad." I shrug.

"Siblings?"

"A little brother... he's almost five." I nod. "I love him to death though, I just wish I was still at home to see him grow up." I smile, thinking about my little brother Jeremy. After a moment of silence I speak again.

"How long have you been singing?" I glance at the guitar and recall his perfect velvet voice.

"I've been singing since I've been young. Just for fun though." He rushes the extra detail in. "Do you have any talents?"

"I'm smart." I shrug with a small laugh.

"Other than that." He chuckles.

"I used to dance." I glance at him as he raises an eyebrow. I used to dance, I used to love dancing, it was a way to get my emotion out, usually when I was frustrated or happy.

"You did?"

"Yeah just for fun." I slowly answer looking down at my hands. "I stopped after my boyfriend and I broke up." I explain quietly. "Just... never got around to doing it again."

I said I was never heart broken to the point of being disfunctional but the break up with Matt had taken a lot out of me. It had caused me to stop doing a few things in life. He doesn't say a word as I recall the memories of dancing.

"So what are you scared of?" He asks.

"Spiders, clowns, snakes." I laugh.

"No I mean like... in life." He laughs at my answer though. I smile at his warm laughter, it makes me smile to see him happy. I shake his smile from my head as I look down at my feet.

"I um... I don't know... I guess I'm scared of being broken apart again." I shrug. "Scared of not having someone in my life, of being alone... what about you?"

"More or less the same." He nods. "I know I don't make efforts to have a relationship but I don't want to be alone in my life... I'm a pretty messed up guy, dirty past, lots of bad things..." He breathes. I know he doesn't want to talk about it from the dark look in his eyes.

"I just feel like... I feel like no girl will ever like the real me. I feel like I'm going to spend the rest of my life as that bad boy, punk, frat kid." He admits quietly.

I give a small smile at his honesty. Shifting on the bed so I face him, he turns to me, noticing the movement. His eyes studying me, curious as to what I was oging to do.

Slowly lifting my hand I rest it on the side of his face. His soft cheek is warm under my light touch. I stare into his caramel eyes and feel myself leaning in. I brush against his lips and I feel warmth flow through my body.

"I like the real you." I whisper so quietly that I can barely hear myself.

"That's because you don't know the other side of me." He replies just as quietly as I had spoken seconds ago, I feel his hand slide along my side and pull me closer to him. "I really want to kiss you..." He breathes.

My stomach flips with his words, his cool breath on my skin. I can smell the hint of cologne and it's intoxicating.

I don't know what to do, more than anything I want his lips on mine. My skin was on fire from his touch, but I couldn't move. But I don't have to.

His mouth is soon on mine, taste of faint vodka on his tongue as he opens his mouth and really kisses me, just the way I had imagined. His tongue runs along mine.

My entire body is set to fire, never having this feeling before. I've never been kissed like this, never had the urgency and burning passion and desire running through me.

He brings his hand to the nape of my neck, pulling my face closer before both of his hands go to my hips.

His touch has taken over any senses I ever had. He pulls me by my hips closer to him, guiding me to his lap. Never breaking the kiss.

I rest my hands against his chest as I climb over onto his lap. His skin is hot and his chest is moving up and down from rapid breathing.

He pulls his mouth away from mine and moves to my neck. His fingers intertwine in my hair, holding there to keep my head where he wants. His burning kisses trailing along my skin.

Matt and I never had something like this. We would make out on occasions but nothing too hot and heavy... Matt... My heart begins to ache and I pull away from him and he stops, watching me with worried eyes.

"I'm sorry." I breathe climbing off him quickly and embarrassed. I run a hand through my hair and shake my head. "I don't really kiss many guys." I admit.

"You're fine." He assures sitting up.

"I should go..." I breathe, walking towards the door.

"Stay?" His voice calls to me. His voice has pull on me, I automatically know I'm going to stay with those simple words. I lick my lips, I know I shouldn't but the way his voice talks to me... I turn to him and he watches me with desperation. "I won't kiss you again." He assures.

Though I wish he didn't say that, to have his perfect lips on mine again wouldn't be so bad... No, this was a simple conversation, a deep one, an honest one.

I didn't need to be kissing a stranger who I was spilling my story to. I realize my eyes are on his lips and look down for a moment. He probably didn't want to be kissing some random plain girl that he found in his room a few hours ago.

I swallow and force myself to nod. I walk back over to him, feeling a pull to him as I get closer and closer. I finally sit down on the bed.

"Is this the longest conversation you've had without having sex with a girl?" I ask as a joke.

"Pretty much." He answers with no humor. "Not a very good guy, remember?" he glances at me. I turn away and nod slightly. "So why do you trust me with all this information about your boyfriend and mom and all?"

"You're a stranger. You have no reason to tell people about me, and I have some of your secrets to." I don't know how else to explain it. What else do I add? Oh I feel like I can trust you even though I don't know you.

"I'm glad you trust me." He mumbles. "So favorite movie?" he offers as a light tone. I smile and answer his question.

The rest of the night the questions are all easy and nothing too deep. Whenever it seems to get to a sensitive or deep question we change the topic to questions about childhood.

From these questions I learn more about him. He grew up in Bradford with his family. Leaving out the bad parts he talks about his family that would come around.

He only left Bradford for college because he needed something different. Something that didn't constantly remind him of his dad. He never had many close friends until he joined this frat. He was a lone wolf.

He talked about the troublesome things he did as a teen. Graffiti, fights, theft. They were all little things that made him feel in control, made him get an adrenaline rush.

He tells me how he doesn't plan on getting married even though he wants someone in his life. He doesn't think he wants kids, he likes them but not the extent of having his own.

Our talk goes until I can't remember what we're talking about but we're simply laying on his bed laughing. We manage not to touch the rest of the night, nothing intimate or awkward.

But as our laughter subsides I feel my heavy eyelids droop down and fall asleep on his bed, with the intoxicating scent of his cologne take over and his caramel eyes show up in my dreams.