Chapter 13

The following day I manage to ignore Zayn, though his eyes do stop on me throughout class. The perky blonde behind him glares at us but I just focus on the lesson plan the best I can. Literature is a breeze, I was always good at reading a book and answering discussion questions.

I could argue my point no matter what. I stuck with it too. I loved Literature, finding parallels in everyday life to books I would read. I did hate writing essays though, those were absolute killer.

Mrs. Parks loved me, she was a kind older woman, her hair was a fading brown. I didn't have many friends in that class, though there was a girl in there, Lindsay who I would partner up with when we had assignments. She was nice and quiet, she had light brown hair with green eyes.

She never said much to me, but when she did they were kind things. She reminded me of a friend back home, Hannah. She was similar to Lindsay, in the way they talked, in the way they kept to themselves but still had a smile to greet you.

Chemistry passed by without another thought. Liam and I began sitting next to each other now, his company was one I enjoyed as well. He was serious about school and was a great help when I had questions, which I had plenty of today.

My mind was so busy processing everything that had happened lately that it was difficult to concentrate on even simple tasks like writing my name on my paper. It felt like those days when you would wake up and feel like you had no sleep, when any little noise or movement could distract you.

I barely survive the day just to make it to the Wednesday. A day meant to be exciting because of the bonfire but ends up being miserable when Mr. Collins hands back our tests, that he's graded very quickly, I might add. Getting my paper back my eyes are drawn to the red marking at the top.

I let out an angry sigh as I see my B- on the test paper Mr. Collins hands me. I sigh and set it down on my desk I rub my fingers between my eyes, I usually do that when stressed, it was just a simiple area that helped relax me when stressed.

I glance at Zayn, noticing he is watching me. Zayn glances at my paper and I see a smirk appear on his lips. I ignore him for the rest of class until the class ends. FInally, I couldn't help but feel cheated out of my test.

Especially since it was mainly Zayn's fault and he just has a cocky smile plastered to his face. I gather up my books when Mr. Collins approaches me.

"Ms. Augustine, I'm worried about your test grade." He voices. I turn to him and raise my eyebrows. He's worried about my test grade? If only he knew the situation... I run my hand through my hair as I open my mouth.

"Oh... I know I'm sorry, that B- won't happen again!" I assure.

"Well you are a straight A student, your scholarship relies on your grades..." He bites his lip before saying the next part. "Is this class too hard for you?" He asks worriedly.

I wanted to laugh at him, this class wasn't hard, more along the lines of distracting. He's dead serious though in his questions, his eyebrows are lowered and he's watching me for my answer.

I shoot a look at Zayn who is slowly standing up now. He has his back to us as he is getting his papers together. I know he's waiting around to hear the rest of this conversation, to bask in the fact I'm not some 'perfect' girl.

Why did I ever tell him I thought I was a perfect girl? I made sure he knew I didn't think I was actually perfect, right? I let out a heavy sigh and give Mr. Collins a smile,

"I think I can manage." I say with confidence, which he doesn't buy.

"Are you sure? I was thinking of possibly assigning you a partner to help you study."