Chapter 3

(A/N: Just if you were wondering I pictured Zoey Deutch as Juliet and Candice Accola as Sarah picture of Sarah to the side!)

"What are you doing in my room?" He asks confused. I glance at him confused as well, he has a British accent, thick and heavy.

Wow this frat house WAS full of guys from out of the country. No wonder so many people came to this party.

"Y-your room?" I stutter in shock. I glance around the room and widen my eyes at him. "I'm sorry, I didn't realize-"

"That you were in someone's room?" He scoffs lightly. His voice isn't mean but it's mocking.

He sits down on the edge of his bed and lets out a heavy breath. I glance down at his hands and his knuckles are cut. I glance at the bathroom in his room,

"Here." I mumble rushing to the bathroom and getting a wet towel. I walk back to the bedroom where his eyes follow me.

I kneel down in front of him and grab his hands, taking them in mine and dabbing the cut up knuckles with the towel. I enjoy the softness of his hands, they're warm and ignite my skin with tingles.

"What are you doing?" He asks with a harsh tone. I roll my eyes at his tone of voice,

"I'm cleaning up your hand so it won't get infected." I shoot back at him. "Least I could do for snooping around your room." I laugh. It's quiet now as I clean up his knuckles.

An odd silence that I'm comfortable with. Usually I try to fill silences up with meaningless chatter so I won't have to deal with the awkwardness, but surprisingly I enjoy this silence.

"Why aren't you downstairs with the rest of the party?" He asks with curiosity. I glance up at him and he's studying me. I look down quickly and clear my throat.

"Because my best friend dragged me here only to ditch me for a guy and I'm stuck until she wants to go home." I explain releasing his hand.

I feel a sense of emptiness as I stand up and go to the bathroom to get the blood out of the towel now.

"You don't like parties?" He asks, I gasp as he stands in the doorway now. "You scare easily." He laughs at my reaction. I shoot him a look as I rinse out the towel.

"I don't like parties." I nod.

"Why not?" He asks. I pull some of my hair over my shoulder and out of my face and shrug,

"I just..."

"Do you not like meeting new people?" He fills in.

"No I do." I argue shutting off the sink and setting the towel down. I turn to the guy and lick my lips debating how to explain this. "I just... If I'm going to meet someone I don't want it to be at a party where a bunch of drunk people are jumping each others bones. I want to be able to meet someone that I can share things with. Have a deep conversation other than how the drinks taste." I explain, I walk past him and he turns watching me.

"You want a deep conversation with a stranger rather than a drunk person?" He laughs. That's what he took from my explanation? I sigh and glance around the room before answering.

"Well I mean better a stranger than a drunk person." I admit. He raises an eyebrow in question and I elaborate on my statement. "At least if it's a stranger you'll never have to see them again. And they'll probably keep your secrets because they don't even know who you are." I explain. "A drunk person... well they'll just scream out your secrets when they're tired or doing someone." I shrug. It's quiet as he takes in my statement. I bit the side of my cheek as I finally speak. "Well... Sorry for intruding in your room... I'll just go." I turn towards the door and begin to unlock it.