Chapter 21

Been a Long Day - Rosi Golan

Wildest Moments - Jessie Ware

___________

Sunday morning Sarah forces me out of bed to attend church with her. It's not that bad, I find a lot of understanding about my situation when I'm there. Mostly because of the quiet serene place I am in. Once we're home I go off to dance while Sarah talks to Niall.

They never tire of each other. Matt and I even needed breaks from each other but then again Sarah was nothing like me. Dancing, I think about the date on Saturday. I think about when I met him. I think about everything since I've met him.

He's been constantly popping in, mixing up my head and thoughts to the point I wasn't sure which way was up. Too much to deal with for it only being about three weeks into knowing him.

I managed to pull my grade up in psychology since Wednesday though, anything to get me out of being tutored by Zayn. Not that I didn't enjoy his teaching style, I just wasn't one to be tutored. Too smart, too proud.

~~~

Monday comes around and in class I dread and look forward to seeing him. Not sure which option I want more. Evidently I wanted him to be in class because once it begins he's nowhere in sight. My mouth is in a frown the remainder of class. Why wasn't he in class? Did something happen?

Thoughts and more thoughts. Even when he wasn't here he was drawing my attention away from the class. How does he manage that? How on earth can he manage to do this to me? I feel empty the rest of my day, missing our arguments, missing his nuisance.

I take my test in AP Chemistry and I feel extremely good about it thanks to Liam's study tips. We agree to go to coffee after the test and relax, have a chat. We get our usual table at the coffee shop, relaxing into the atmosphere that's all too perfect.

"So did you have fun at the bonfire?" I ask.

"Yeah, I met someone." His face brightens up like a child on Christmas.

"Really who?" I sit up, paying more attention.

"Her name is Danielle."

"Tell me more!" I know he's glad I'm asking for more details because he doesn't hesitate to talk about her.

"Well she's a cheerleader." He smiles at me. "She very funny, witty, she's smart like you. The common sense and book smart." He clarifies. "She has the funniest laugh, she scrunches up her nose a lot and snorts." He's smiling.

"And you met her Wednesday?" I'm surprised by all the information he knows about her. I am jealous of Danielle and how Liam has memorized her laugh already.

"Er-well not exactly. I've noticed her around before but never had the guts to say hi." Liam not having guts? Sure he wasn't a muscle head frat guy, but he was fairly attractive, nice, smart. He was an A in my book.

"But at the bonfire..." I trail off hoping he will finish his story.

"I literally bumped right into her. Just my luck." He rubs the back of his neck, smiling at the memory. "We began talking and hit it off. We went on a date Friday night, ice skating." He continues to talk about ice skating with her. We talk for what seems hours and finally decide to go our separate ways. Hugging him goodbye I wish him luck with Danielle and quietly pray for myself.

Tuesday I find myself even more worried that Zayn is still not in class. Something must have happened... maybe I should go to the frat house to check out what happened... No that would be weird, he wasn't my responsibility. I had nothing to do with him, I want nothing to do with him... at least I shouldn't.