Chapter 97

(A/N: I'm going to apologize ahead of time for the short chapter! I'm sorry! I will hopefully be updating Sunday! So not too long of a wait!)

Wings – Birdy

Best Shot – Birdy & Jaymes Young

______________

"Well aside from that fight with Harry things went well." I say as I bring the remaining dishes into the kitchen.

Elizabeth and Jonah had gotten home about an hour before everyone left, they went into the other living room to watch a movie and I haven't seen them since. After everyone left things fell into a silence between Zayn and I – no tension or anger, just a calm silence.

"You know you shouldn't believe everything Erica tells you." I comment quietly, setting the dish next to the sink. Zayn rolls up his sleeves and turns on the water to start rinsing off the dishes.

"She's my friend Juliet." He replies, taking a plate and running it under the water. I grab a plate and stand at the sink next to him, helping rinse of the plates.

"She can't be much of a friend if you were willing to get rid of her in exchange for me not talking to Harry." I remind him of the point I had made earlier.

Zayn doesn't reply as he places dishes into the dishwasher now. He seems to be debating over what to say and thankfully he doesn't seem angry. He just seems deep in thought about what he wants to say.

I don't speak during this time, I don't want to interrupt his thoughts and I honestly don't have much to add on the subject. I set down the plate in the dishwasher as Zayn's fingers wrap around my wrist.

I look up to him and he stares down at the floor. Taking calming breaths he slowly exhales and closes his eyes before opening them to meet mine.

"Love, I... I'm sorry for causing that fight." His voice is quiet and slightly pained, his fingers brushing over my wrist – sending chills through m body.

"I don't care if you don't see Harry anymore, I'm done seeing Erica. I'm not sure if she was lying or not but even at a distance she's still screwing with our relationship."

We stare at each other a moment, his words sinking in. Being done with Erica – that was something I never thought would actually happen. I know he can see the doubt in my eyes because the corners of his lips tug down.

"I promise, okay. I'm done seeing her, she's not a very good friend anyways." He mumbles, rubbing a hand over his face.

"I don't want to be that kind of girlfriend that makes her boyfriend get rid of all his friends that are girls." I slowly manage to speak.

I hated when girls were like that – when they became jealous of every friend of their boyfriends who was a girl. It was just utter jealousy and stupidity.

"You're not." He assures. "I just... I think it's best if she just stays out of my life for now." He explains.

"Okay." I nod, Zayn's fingers loosening around my wrist.

"Are you staying the night with me tonight?" Zayn mumbles, his accent heavier in a lower voice. I smile at him and slowly shake my head.

"I basically only have one more night left at the apartment with Sarah, I promised I would stay there tonight." I explain. I step towards Zayn, wrapping my arms around him with a smile.

His arms slowly wrap around my body, pulling me into his chest. I smile and close my eyes as we stand there for a moment of silence. Enjoying the touch of each other's embrace.