Chapter 54

Love The Way You Lie (pt. 2) - Rihanna

Same Old Same Old – The Civil Wars

Happily – One Direction

Everytime We Touch (acoustic) - Cascada

_____________

I smile as I feel myself slowly waking up, arms wound around me. I open my eyes to find Zayn lying next to me. I glance around my surroundings, taking in the vast bedroom in the apartment. Zayn is still sound asleep, his eyes shut, and his chest going up and down at an even pace.

I shift my body so my head rests on his chest. I lightly trail my fingers up his stomach, tracing the designs that mark his chest. My fingers slowly make its way to the light pink scar, carefully brushing over it. The sun is barely peaking out behind the gray clouds, I glance at the clock and smile, it's almost noon. The first night in a long time that I've slept more than ten hours.

Finally a good nights rest since everything has happened. I still can't believe that Zayn had asked me to move in. The thought was still ridiculous and illogical, a brash spur of the moment decision wouldn't help this relationship.

After a few minutes I untangle myself from Zayn and get out of bed with a smile on my face. Last night was the first night since Sunday night that I had gotten more than an hour of sleep. My body felt relaxed and I felt more energized than ever.

I leave Zayn's bedroom and go into the bathroom. Pulling my hair up into a pony tail I wash my face with the hot water. Drying my face off I stare at myself in the mirror. I was looking better – better than I have all week. I glance at my arms, which aren't covered by the shirt I had slept in.

Thankfully when Zayn and I went back to the dorms Sarah wasn't there. I knew if she saw me getting clothes to sleep in she would start going crazy and ask about Zayn and I. And if she were to discover he got an apartment she would go into a frenzy of questions and insinuations. That moment was bound to happen but rather later than sooner.

I lightly trail my fingers along my arms; the bruises are almost gone – the horrid memory fading with them. I don't check my back – those bruises were the worst and I know they'll still be there. I quickly slip out of Zayn's bedroom so I don't wake him and shut the door quietly behind me.

I walk out into the kitchen, the wood floor is cold underneath my feet but the apartment is warm. I feel my stomach grumble from the absence of food and begin checking the cabinets. He has stocked the apartment full of food, some of the foods I doubt he eats – such as some of the vegetables and fruits. I look around the empty apartment that feels a bit empty and smile as I turn back to the pantry with an idea.

~ ~ ~

Thank goodness Zayn had gone shopping for food. He had all the ingredients I needed to make cupcakes. I use my phone to look up an easy recipe for cupcakes and frosting. Sweets were always a good comfort food and a nice housewarming good.

I put the cupcakes into the oven and set the timer for about twenty minutes. I turn back to the bowl and begin tossing the necessary ingredients in for the frosting.

"What are you doing?" Zayn's voice laughs as he walks into the kitchen. I turn to him and give a small smile. Zayn wears a white v-neck and jeans, dressed for the day. I glance down at my pajamas I wear, shorts and a loose t-shirt. Always better looking than I was – even if he wasn't trying.

"Breaking in the kitchen." I answer like it's such a simple explanation. He looks around the kitchen, which is decently clean aside from the dishes in the sink.