Chapter 78

Friday night Zayn and I don't plan anything. Things have gotten slightly tense between us - or rather for me. It was hard to deal with the fact that I was willing to fly across the country to meet Zayn's parents yet he wouldn't come and meet mine.

I had figured that Sarah would be out with Niall so I decide to find some good movies on Netflix and begin watching them. I was still conflicted with the idea of how this relationship didn't feel like a two way street.

"Juliet?" I look up from my laptop and up to Sarah's blue eyes. Her smile brightens and she walks over to me. I keep staring, I'm shocked that she isn't with Niall.

"Sarah?" I laugh, pausing the movie and sitting up in bed. She bounces over to me with a bright smile.

"Want to have a girls night? No parties." She adds the last part with a knowing smile and assurance. Derek still manages to sneak up into my dreams but it's been less frequently with every week that passes by. I still haven't seen him since our encounter on the street with Charles - but that was a good thing.

I glance at my computer screen and back to Sarah. Going out and getting my mind off things without alcohol seemed a lot better than staying in sulking while watching sappy romance movies.

"Where's Niall?" I ask, closing my laptop and beginning to get ready even though I haven't even accepted yet.

"Oh I think he's with Louis tonight." She shrugs with a frown. "Let's head out?" She offers.

"Okay." I nod, changing into some jeans and pulling on a t-shirt before following her out the door.

We decide to go get some ice cream. The ice cream shop is nice. Not too big, about five tables evenly spaced among the white tiled floor. The air is cool but not as cold as it is outside. The walls are a warm cream.

I gather it's locally owned as the name is Lucky's Ice Cream Shop. I wonder if the owner's name was actually Lucky or if it was just a name they picked. Ordering ice cream we take a seat at one of the tables towards the corner - away from the few other of people who are getting ice cream at this late hour.

Sarah is going on and on about her upcoming Thanksgiving plans. She tells me how she's hardly had time to shop and find outfits for Greece.

"Has Niall met your parents yet?" I ask, taking a bite of my cold ice cream. Deciding to sit inside was a smart idea, the dark skies already looked colder than my frozen treat in front of me.

"Not yet." She shakes her head. "I think I'm going to bring him home on Christmas." She smiles to herself. I can already picture her parents fawning over Niall - loving him as much as Sarah does.

"Zayn invited me to meet his parents." I mumble, picking at my ice cream. It's quiet and I look up to Sarah who has wide eyes.

"What? He what?" She squeals, breaking into a bright smile. "You're kidding!" She shrieks with so much enthusiasm someone might think she's won the lottery.

"No." I laugh. "Is it that big of a deal?" I smile at her as she bobs her head.

"Heck yes it is! He wants you to meet his parents! That's huge! And talking about family, I can't believe you didn't tell me about Eleanor and him being siblings!" She lightly punches my arm with a frown.

"Step siblings." I correct. "And it wasn't my business to tell." I shrug.

"Whatever." She shrugs. The doorbell jingles as a new customer walks in. "Oh my God." Sarah's eyes widen and I turn to see whom she stares at. "He's hot!"

Lindsay and Joshua walk into the ice shop, smiles on their faces as they rush into the shop. I glance at Sarah who's eyes sweep over Joshua, I turn back to Lindsay and Joshua who walk to the counter to order ice cream.