Chapter 85

Pony (It's OK) - Erin McCarley

Happily - One Direction

Ours - Taylor Swift

_______________

Juliet POV

When my eyes open I can feel my heart as light as a feather and my mind at ease - no more worries no more stress. I was still on the high from those three words from last week.

Things have flown by lately. Everything was just... amazing - it all felt like a dream - a dream that I was never going to or planning on waking up from. No fights, no betrayals, everything was just how it should be. None of the days dragged on, every day was spent smiling and feeling on top of the world.

Rolling over in bed I grab for Zayn but it's empty. I sit up, looking around the empty bed in his room - the temperature of the apartment dropping with the absence of him. I leave the bedroom and walk out into the kitchen. I smile when I spot the familiar look of Zayn cooking at the stove.

Every time I stay over he makes breakfast - I tried making breakfast one time when he was dead asleep but he woke up and made me stop. He figured since I am a guest in his place he should be hospitable by at least making me food in the morning.

Staying with Zayn was becoming more regular for me - Sarah wasn't too pleased about it, but she finally accepted it and started staying with Niall more. It made the apartment we got feel useless, but we often made sure to stay there at least three times a week.

I knew Zayn was working on trying to get me to move in. He even took me with him to buy some decorations for the place after class on Wednesday. He allowed me to pick out some pictures and wall art that wasn't too 'girly'.

It felt all so real but at the same time like a dream. Being a couple, doing things like shopping for decorations for this apartment - all realistic things but things I could never imagine really happening. Strange contradiction.

Quietly sneaking up behind him I wrap my arms around his torso and press a kiss to his bare shoulder. He's shirtless right now, as per usual - I don't understand how he can be shirtless when his apartment is always freezing, but then again Zayn always seems to run warm.

Zayn chuckles, the laugh vibrating through his body. I rest my cheek on his back and smile with the warmth of his body aiding my cold one.

"Morning love. How'd you sleep?" Zayn asks in a quiet voice. Zayn flips the pancakes on the pan in front of him before turning to me. Wrapping his arms around my body and looking at me in the way that makes me blush and my heart flutter.

"Pretty good. Did you? You are up early." I note, indicating to the breakfast that he was making.

Zayn usually sleeps in. We'll usually spend mornings, that we don't have school, cuddled up in bed until he decides to get up and make food. He usually isn't up too early before me if ever.

"Just planning some things for Christmas." He smiles at me, leaning down and pressing a kiss to the side of my face before releasing me and returning back to the breakfast.

"So do your... does your mom know we're coming for Christmas?" I glance at him over my shoulder while walking to the counter to sit. Zayn glances at me and gives a confused smirk.

"Why wouldn't she?" He questions lightly.

"I mean... she knows I'm going to be there?" I wonder if Zayn has told her directly that I was coming to Bradford, and I wonder how much he has told his mom about me.

"Of course." He chuckles, shaking his head. "She wants us to stay at the house - but if you feel uncomfortable with that I can get a hotel." His voice is calm and level while flipping the pancakes one last time.