Chapter 18

Drop in the Ocean - Ron Pope

Feel Again - One Republic

Nothing - The Script

___________

Saturday morning I wake up with butterflies in my stomach. It had been too long since I had been on a date. Sarah is asleep on her bed, she had gone to another party last night with Niall. Those two were going to be the socialite couple of the college.

Not waking her I grab my gym bag and slip out of the dorm room. It's about nine in the morning, the sun is brightly shining and warming my skin on my walk to the car.

I love the smell of the air and the light breeze that passes by. It's a beautiful day, and I had a date.

Shaking my body out before I get in the car I begin driving to the dance academy. The only place I can collect my thoughts or more rather not have any thoughts. Slipping into my usually room I blare the music and begin to dance.

I'm not sure how long I dance for, I know my body is extremely tired, but my head is still swimming with thoughts, my stomach still in knots thinking about the date. I hear my phone ring and finally check it.

It's about 3:30, was it possible that I had danced for nearly 6 hours? I'm not hungry, the nerves are too much, I did sit and listen to a few songs during my break.

Looking back through my phone I see that Sarah has been trying to reach me for the past two hours. I call her back,

"Where are you!" She answers on the first ring.

"I was dancing."

"For five hours?"

"Six." I correct, I hear her frustrated sigh and bit my lip to keep from laughing. Sarah rarely got frustrated, especially with me, unless it was studying.

"Listen our date is at 6:00! So get back here so we can get ready!"

"Sarah that's-" I'm about to say that that's too much time, two and a half hours? Though I know if I finish that sentence she will go crazy one me. It is my first date, getting dolled up wouldn't be too bad. "That's great, I'll head home." I assure her.

Hanging up I grab all my things and quickly buy a snack from the vending machine.

The moment I step through the door of our dorm Sarah is glaring at me. Tapping her foot on the ground, her eyes glued to me. I see that she has our outfits set out, make up ready, accessories spread across the room.

"Wow." I raise my eyebrows at all the work she had done.

"Go take a shower, now. I am going to doll you up!" She smiles at me, I'm glad she's no longer angry or acting angry.

"Yes ma'am." I salute her and rush to the bathroom. Taking a quick shower so I don't upset Sarah. Coming back out with the towel wrapped around my body she shoves me my dress and underwear.

"Put these on, we're doing your hair." She firmly states, I would argue usually but not today. I spot the curling iron and nod, going back into the bathroom changing.

My hair was usually a natural wavy, nothing too crazy, but it did look pretty when it was curled, especially when Sarah did it.

I pull on a white dress made of chiffon material, that fits perfect to my body. It end right at my knees, the material is soft and I love the dress. Sarah sits me down and blow dries my hair.

Quickly curling my hair without a problem. The curls cascade down the sides of my face, she always had a talent with hair. They're natural loose curls but they're noticeable. She hands me several accessories to pick from as she begins to change.