Chapter 55

(A/N: PLEASE READ

1. Hey guys! Just wanted to apologize for not replying to many comments on the last chapter! I just got really busy!

2. I understand that this fanfiction is very similar to After and I've tried my best to make it my own and understand/be okay with all the comments saying this is basically After. But it's starting to get on my nerve and it's really making me not want to keep writing this fanfic... so please, I KNOW it's a lot like After, no need to keep reminding me. No one is forcing you to read this, so if it's 'so much like After' just please stop reading it or stop reminding me... I'm sorry I just had to get that out there. Hope you enjoy the chapter! :) Love you all)

Our Last Days – The Fray

What It Is – Kodaline

Honestly - Hot Chelle Rae

Skyway Avenue – We The Kings

___________

The rest of the week passes by slowly. I don't stay the night at Zayn's apartment for the rest of the week, sleeping has become easier with the knowledge of Derek being gone from town.

Class is boring. Though Psychology was extremely awkward for me – I tried my best not to look at Mr. Collins and I know Zayn noticed. He didn't question it, for all he cared he was glad I wasn't looking at Mr. Collins. Things were starting to become normal again the memory of that awful night slowly fading away.

I still can't believe how the month of October has flown past. Starting with Sarah's birthday, Louis and I becoming friends, Lindsay and I becoming friends, the double date and... of course Zayn and I becoming official, and the memory I don't like to think about.

"So how about it?" I turn to Sarah who sits with her computer on her bed, watching me with wide blue eyes.

"How about what?" I ask, turning the page of my chemistry book.

"The Halloween party at the frat house tonight." She replies. "Do you want to go?" She smiles.

"I think I'll pass." I shake my head. I never enjoyed Halloween, I got startled very easily – the whole point of Halloween was to dress up and scare people senseless, it wasn't something I liked. Then in high school it was just a competition of who could wear the least amount of lingerie and still look like some kind of animal.

"Come on Jules." Sarah smiles at me, jumping up with energy.

"I don't know how I feel about parties right now." I mumble. Parties weren't the number one thing on my list at the moment. I knew nothing like Derek would happen again but parties just... just were bad reminders.

"Okay well first off." Sarah sits up, holding up one finger. "This time it's not someone's random party – it's at the frat house. Second." She holds up a second finger. "Zayn will be there and all of the guys – they'll watch out for you. And third!" She holds her third finger up with a smile. "You know better than to walk off with a stranger now." She gives me a warning look – trying to make light of what had happened.

"I didn't just walk off with a-"

"Oh whatever Jules!" She interrupts me with a laugh. "One of the first rules you learn when you're brought into this world is don't talk to strangers." She points out.

"Well that's when you're little... if you never talk to a stranger you can't meet new people." I counter.

"I'm not arguing, you're going to the party. It's going to be fun!" She smiles. That's what she said last time... I want to say that but I know it'll make her feel guilty and there wasn't a need for that.