Chapter 24

(A/N: Just in case you haven't realize, I LOVE cliffhangers! I know they suck and you hate them! But I love it cause it keeps you guys guessing and wanting more! :) Expect quite a few through this fanfic! So if you don't like them... you might want to stop reading :( sorry! Hope you like the chapter!)

Wildest Moment - Jessie Ware

Fix You - Coldplay

In My Veins - Andrew Belle

__________

I am pulled into a small dark room and I hear "Shhh." From the person behind me. I recognize the touch, the touch I crave constantly, the touch I dream about at night, the touch that ignites my skin with desire for more, I have to know for sure though. Pulling away and turning around to face him.

"Zayn?" I whisper.

"Found you." He smirks shutting the door behind us. The closet was small, it was a broom closet for all I could tell. Most likely could hold one other person if they desperately wanted to join.

"I don't think that's how you play hide and go seek." I use my motherly voice.

"I play by my own rules." His husky voice breathes; I feel his hand slide along my hip to the small of my back, chills taking over my body. I feel my pulse quicken and my core flood with warmth, before I do something stupid I pull away.

"Let me out of here." I grab the door handle but he takes my hand, pulling it away from the door. I groan with annoyance when I'm stopped from leaving.

"Please Juliet can we just talk?" I laugh and turn to him, raising an eyebrow. I know he probably can't see me, or much of me in the darkly lit room - though my eyes are slowly adjusting.

"You pick now to talk? In the middle of a game of hide and seek in your relatives house?" I demand he takes a moment before responding.

"I want to apologize for that date we went on... I know I was an ass for not realizing you had your scholarship at risk." He breathes quietly. He's sorry? I don't think I've ever heard him say that, he did mention on our date that he 'should' apologize but never did.

I want to tell him I knew he planned the date, I wanted to know why he let the night get ruined after his effort, but I take full advantage of this moment of honesty to ask a different question.

"Why did you fight Blake?" I ask quietly. My eyes are adjusting to the darkness and I can see his intense caramel eyes looking over my face, as if he is memorizing it. I feel his hand lightly brush against my face and it causes my skin to set fire. I don't pull away, though my brain tells me to my body and heart stay.

I'm sure if it wasn't so dark in here my face would be completely red. "Is that why you weren't in class Monday and Tuesday?" No answer. "Zayn?" my voice is softer now as I feel myself pull towards him, our distance diminishing by the second.

"He was saying some things..." His voice is soft but there's an irked tone behind it.

"What things?" Why was he so cryptic and secretive in his answers? He was going to tell me eventually, why not just answer the question head on. "Zayn..." I quietly beg. Without thinking I reach forward and rest a hand on his chest, my hand is shaking before it rests over his heart. My hand feels perfect on his chest, I enjoy the warmth radiating through my body now, feeling his chest raise and fall under my fingertips.

"He was saying things about you." He answers in a whisper.

"Things about me? What things?" I ask, taking a small step closer so his lips are a centimeter from my face. I can feel the heat radiating off of him. I can hear his shallow breathing, I feel his heart race under my hand. His hand falls from my face to my waist. His touch is light, gently, almost like he's scared to touch me.