Chapter 46

Redemption - The Strange Familiar

I Won't Give Up - Jason Mraz

___________

Juliet POV

I fall asleep pondering about Zayn's short visit where he asked me on yet another date. His dates were always extraordinary, but he needed to know that when we fought he couldn't just take me on a date to make up for it.

The next morning Sarah is passed out in her bed with a smile on her face. I dress and get ready for class. Zayn and I don't talk much in class, honestly we don't say anything - though he still walks me back to the dorm.

It feels nice to have Zayn walk me back to my dorm but difficult at the same time. I couldn't talk to him or else I knew I would try and bring up the things we had to discuss. It was just a neutral cautious state we were both in. Trying not to break any of the eggshells we were walking on.

The week is uneventful, Zayn and I are in a strange neutral area. Neither of us has much to say since we agreed not to talk about our fight until our date. I still think that's a bad idea though.

I knew if Zayn and I got to talking about things we would most likely end up in a fight. I didn't want to fight on a date though - but maybe that was the point. Zayn didn't want me to fight with him so he was taking me on the date.

Either way we were going to talk about this. Talk about Erica, talk about Harry, and talk about us. Matt... I bite my lip, should I talk to him about Matt? Matt and I were trying to get onto better terms but telling Zayn that might lead to a bigger fight than I am anticipating.

Sarah has been very supportive throughout the week. We haven't talked about Zayn or Matt too much but she has taken me shopping and gone dancing with me a few times.

Classes blur by because I keep running through what I'm going to say on the date. I couldn't let him get me distracted, heaven knows that if he gets the chance to kiss me I'll lose all my common sense. I just wanted to the week to be over so I could get to the date - get to talk to Zayn about everything.

Liam and I catch up to study on Wednesday night with Louis tagging along. I could use some people to talk to, to have some other conversation - aside from Sarah.

"Jules!" Liam gets up from his seat and hugs me as Louis follows.

"Hey guys." I smile at them sitting down. I look over Liam and realize how long it has been since I last saw him. The last time was at Zayn's house when we played hide and seek, which was several weeks ago.

"Nice to see you in one piece." Louis jokes lightly. I hadn't talked to Louis since I was taken from the double date... I hadn't talked to Harry either. I wasn't sure what to say to them, how to explain what had happened to them.

"Same to you." I shoot back with a smile. "How's Harry?" I ask quietly. Liam ignores our private conversation and Louis lowers his eyes shaking his head.

"Harry's alright... he wanted to come see you but uh... I told him no to." Louis admits sheepishly. I'm glad that Louis had told him not to - I don't think Harry coming to see me would help anything right now.

"But he's okay?"

"Yeah I think he understands that Zayn and you are um... figuring things out." He shrugs. I purse my lips and give a small nod.

"Tell him I'm sorry?" I ask, I want Harry to know I was sorry for the way things went. I felt awful about it. "Are you and Zayn on good terms?" I ask lightly. Louis nods and smiles.

"He just had to cool off. But Zayn's a close mate, we just you know punched it out a bit."

"Punched it out?" I repeat with worry in my voice. Louis chuckles and shakes his head.