Chapter 72

"Hi Juliet, I'm Stacy." I reluctantly accept her hand, giving her a smile. Blake continues the introductions,

"Stacy this is Juliet... Zayn's girlfriend." I glance at Blake from the way he said girlfriend - as if it were some horrid disease.

"Zayn's girlfriend?" She repeats slowly, lifting one of her perfectly shaped eyebrows up. I nod slowly pulling my hand from hers, beginning to feel the strange tension building.

"Yeah, you know him?" I ask cautiously - not actually expecting a story or an answer. I don't want an answer or a story in all honesty.

"That's an understatement." She giggles while glancing at Blake. "Does she not know?" She asks with curiosity, her and Blake's eyes lock as if silently trying to have a conversation.

"Know what?" I ask, interrupting their moment. Stacy turns her eyes back to me and they're amused. Blake smirks at the two of us before excusing himself.

"I'm going to get us some champagne. We're going to need it." He laughs, leaving Stacy and I standing in the living room with people glancing over at us.

"So you know Zayn?" I ask. Stacy purses her lips and bobs her head slowly. I don't know what else to say as the silence is taken over by the party.

"Here you guys are." Blake hands us champagne glasses. I reluctantly accept it, but I don't drink from it instead I hold it to my chest. "So did you tell her?" Tell me what? What was she supposed to tell me?

"Am I supposed to? I don't think he wants her to know if he hasn't told her." Stacy speaks to Blake as if I weren't there. I feel worry seep through my veins - another secret, something Zayn hasn't told me. I begin to brace myself for the possibilities.

Was Stacy another hook up of his? Was she some random girl that got hurt by Zayn? Or was it a different thing... Too many options seeing as Zayn's secrets were always something I didn't expect.

"They're in a relationship, there shouldn't be secrets." Blake smiles down at Stacy.

I see a glint of affection in his eyes as she shrugs. That was true - that was something I was avoiding though. I was trying to avoid digging all the secrets out while in this relationship, which was failing miserably.

"Well long story or short?" She asks me. I open my mouth to open but nothing comes out. I don't know if I even want to hear this story - especially if Blake is the one wanting me to hear it.

"Long." Blake answers for me. Blake nods towards the empty couches for us to sit. I take a seat next to Stacy who pulls down her dress so she doesn't flash everyone.

"You're scaring me Blake... what's going on?" I laugh lightly - hoping that my statement doesn't show how scared I really am of what they might be preparing to tell me. Blake looks to Stacy and gives her a curt nod before she sighs and flips her hair over her shoulder - earning looks from the guys in the room.

"So Blake and I used to date." She smiles over at Blake. Was that it? I hold my laughter back but a smile widens on my face from the silly build up.

"Okay." I nod. "Well, that's great?" I don't know how to respond but Stacy shoots me dirty a look that makes me stop smiling.

"That's not the story." She snaps at me. I flinch back from her sharp voice and she clears her throat. "Blake and I were very happy together. We were a good couple until I met Zayn." She purses her lips at his name. I nod slowly, showing that I'm hearing her.

"Until you met Zayn... What happened?" I don't know why I keep asking questions, I know I won't like the answer but the curiosity in me can't help it. I tried to keep my curiosity contained but the universe seems against that decision.