Chapter 12

The weekend goes by quickly. I don't go to church this Sunday due to the fact I hadn't been able to study at all. I manage to get a hold of Liam though, and we meet up at the coffee shop Sunday evening to get some studying done.

I am thankful for him, to have him as a friend. Sarah was great but she never got much studying done. School wasn't a serious thing for her; she didn't have a scholarship that was keeping her in line.

Walking into the familiar coffee shop I smile when I spot Liam in the back. I rush to the table and he has his chemistry book. He smiles at me as I take a seat.

"So study partner... you doing chemistry too?" He nods to the book in my hand.

"And psychology. I have a test tomorrow and need to ace it." Thought the class was easy the tests were a big part of your grade. For some reason his tests were harder than expected.

"Good. I'll order us some drinks." He offers standing up and walking to the counter. I open my book and do my best to focus on the equations and definitions in the small font before me.

"So do you think you'll pass that psych exam?" Liam arrives back at the table. I glance up at him and purse my lips.

I honestly wasn't sure, it was so damn hard to concentrate in that class with Zayn sitting there. Flirting with girls, acting like I was invisible.

"Hopefully." I mumble. I accept the cappuccino from the waitress and take several drinks from it. "How did you know I liked cappuccino's?" I raise my eyes to Liam who smiles,

"I remember you had one last time you were here." my smile widens at that. He remembered something about me that most people would hardly notice. He was observant, just like me or how I used to be. Now I can hardly focus on one thing at a time.

"I'm so thankful to have met you Liam, I could use a friend like you." I breathe as I take another drink.

"Yeah? Me too." He smiles opening his book and looking through some of it. We make some small talk during our studying, but for the most part we keep to ourselves.

I get quite a lot done, which I am extremely thankful for. I feel refreshed having been able to focus on something besides Zayn. I stop by the dance studio before going to the dorms.

I needed to keep my mind off of the stress of Psychology class tomorrow somehow. Grabbing the keys from Tracy I slip into the studio.

Stretching out and dancing to the music that plays. I realize it's been an hour when my stomach starts to growl from hunger. Drying off my sweat I leave the studio in a rush to get back to the dorms to shower and eat.

The dorm is empty when I get back and part of me is thankful for it. I always feel strange when I'm doing something around the dorm room and Sarah is glued to her phone or computer. Stripping my clothes I take a quick shower and microwave myself some frozen pasta.

I sit down at the counter and grab some of my psychology notes. I eat and stare at the paper, trying to focus on the words and not what awaited me tomorrow.

"Hey, you're home!" Sarah's voice rings through the air. I look up at her as Niall slips in behind her with a bright smile.

"Yeah, what are you two up to?" I push aside my notes, thankful for the distraction of the two.

"We just got back from lunch." She answers, taking off her sweater. Niall makes his way to her bed and sits down, looking around the room. "We're headed back out later tonight for a movie. I'll be home late." She explains.

"Make sure to go to class." I warn with a smile. Gosh I really was like her mother. She rolls her eyes and sticks her tongue out at me,

"Yes mom." She teases as she walks to Niall.