Chapter 88

All We Are - Matt Nathanson

Your Love Is a Song - Switchfoot

Eclipse (All Yours) - Metric

_____________

A hand gently brushes up and down my back, waking me with a smile on my lips. Opening my eyes I stare at my hand resting on his chest, the heart still clearly outlined on my wrist.

Zayn's hand slowly slides up and begins tracing my hand. I smile when his fingers intertwine with mine and he lifts up my hand to his lips. I look to him now, his eyes focused on our hands.

"Morning." I mumble.

"Morning." He smiles over at me. I lower my head to the crook of his neck and snuggle more into his chest. His arms wrap around my body, his fingers tracing designs along my arms.

"When do you think Louis and Eleanor will be here?" I slowly speak, closing my eyes and wishing they were already here.

"Probably an hour or so. It's only seven." He softly replies. "I'm surprised you were able to fall asleep after sleeping all day." He adds.

Being emotionally and mentally torn down by his sister helped a lot. I wish more than anything yesterday night was just some awful dream but of course it wasn't.

"Yeah." I mumble in a tired voice. I just want to stay in bed until Louis and Eleanor show up to save me from this.

"Well we have a big day ahead. I'm giving you a personal tour of Bradford." I feel his lips kiss the top of my head and I smile, looking up at him.

"A personal tour?" I smirk at him, kissing his jaw and then his neck.

"Yeah." He chuckles, the laughter vibrating against my lips. "Well I guess Louis and Eleanor are coming too now so it's a little less personal." He says in an irked tone. I ignore that last part and continue to smile.

"You just have it all planned out huh?" I look at him, watching his eyes flicker with a small hint of panic before becoming calm again.

"I sure do." He answers in a quiet tone.

~ ~ ~

Zayn and I sit at the table in the kitchen. The silence is terribly thick with the awkward tension. Zayn's mom serves us some eggs and bacon, a small and apologetic smile on her lips every time she meets my eyes.

"Would you care for something to drink? Coffee, tea, juice?" Trisha speaks in a quiet voice.

"Can I please have OJ?" Safaa smiles at her mom. Trisha nods with a slowly relaxing smile.

"Coffee please dear." Dean replies, staring at his newspaper. Dean's eyes have been glued to that since Zayn and I sat down.

"Water." Waliyha mumbles, staring down at her plate. Since sitting here Waliyha hasn't even looked our way - which I'm grateful for.

"Jules? Zayn?" Trisha turns to us with her hands clasped and a smile on her lips.

"Just water for us." Zayn answers for me. I haven't been able to speak this entire time since entering the kitchen.

"Right." Trisha smiles at us. She walks away to the kitchen, grabbing glasses and beginning to serve the drinks.

I don't touch my food at first. I still have no appetite remembering the events that transpired last night. Zayn quietly eats but leaves a hand on my thigh, giving me reassuring squeezes once and a while.

I try my best to eat the breakfast Trisha had kindly made for us though, try. She brings back the drinks and takes her seat at the head of the table. Safaa continues to smile at me as if nothing had happened last night.