Chapter 90

(A/N: I made a new Zuliet video! It's to the side :) I think you guys will like it! I tried to depict some scenes in it from the story – starting from their first date to Bradford!)

Wonderwall – Oasis

I Don't Want to Love Somebody Else – A Great Big World

Stubborn Love – The Lumineers

Same Old Same Old – The Civil Wars

______________

I wake when the sun rises – I feel different, better. Making a decision last night that I always held up with high regards – always had standards and expectations. I never wanted it to be meaningless and it wasn't.

Strangely though, I feel as if I'm a different person right now – my heart stripped and bare to the world – to Zayn.

I slide out from under Zayn's arm and find a pair of pajama shorts and Zayn's white button up from last night. I pull the fabric tightly to my body – inhaling his always present cologne.

Sliding the door of our balcony to the side, I step outside– the air freezing but calming against my body. I step towards the railing and lean against it – overlooking the view of Bradford.

The city is quiet for the most part, sprinkling of lights slowly turning on with the passing time, calm traffic below and the leftover spirit of Christmas evident.

Closing my eyes I allow all my other senses to take over. Listening to the quiet morning traffic below, feeling the cold air brush along my skin and the slow rising sun warm my face.

Things felt different – better, brighter. I gave myself completely to Zayn last night – body and soul. My heart was fully open to him, my trust, my love.

I inhale deeply, letting the cold air mix in my lungs before exhaling. I feel a heavy feeling in my heart and know what it is. Smiling to myself and letting my body relax.

I could trust again. I was no longer guarding myself and prying every living secret from Zayn. I trust him to tell me and I trust him to trust me. Opening my eyes I stare out over the city again.

I am ready to forgive Matt... Not because he deserves it – because I am done. I am ready to move on from him, from the pain, from the life tied to him. I am ready to forgive him because I want to forget him. No little piece of me clings to him anymore – and I can forgive him now.

Bliss can open your eyes to a whole new life – a whole new view on the world. Matt was a necessary evil, someone who brought me to Zayn. Though I can't say I would relive the pain he inflicted.

I hear the glass door slide open behind me but I don't turn around to look. I just wait for his arms to wind around me and for his warm chest to hug my back to him.

I smile the moment he does what I know he will do. I don't realize how cold I am until Zayn rubs my arms to warm me. I feel his warm hands warming my arms up.

"What are you doing out here? It's freezing." He states, kissing the side of my face and leaving his lips there. His lips are burning, chilling, eccentric against my skin.

"I just needed some air." I explain in a soft tone. Needed some fresh air to rid myself of things I have clung to.

"Are you alright?" He asks with heavy concern in his voice. I lick my lips and turn to him, our noses touching with the cold air running around us.

"A little sore and tired." I laugh lightly. His eyes are heavy with concern as he watches me. "I love you." I breathe with reassurance. "I don't regret anything."