Chapter 79

(Photo of Juliet's dress to the side!)

Stay High - Tove Lo

Just Give Me A Reason - P!nk

Waiting For Superman - Daughtry

____________

Zayn drives with me to the airport to drop Sarah off to meet up with her parents. He was surprisingly okay with the idea of Sarah and I getting an apartment together. 'Just as long as it wasn't with any other guy.'

I roll my eyes, remembering his jealous statement and glance out the window at the sun that is beginning to rise. I had three days to convince Zayn to come to Thanksgiving - we still are in a strange tension.

We both fully avoid any talk of the holidays or parents - though it didn't work that well with Sarah babbling on about Thanksgiving in Greece. Zayn's large hand rests firmly on my thigh, my hand resting on top of his.

Looking to him I study his features. His eyes are glazed over - sleepy and obviously trying to ignore Sarah's talk about Thanksgiving. I was doing my best to contribute to the conversation but didn't want to listen much.

Parking at the airport is hectic, seeing Sarah off is even more hectic. The airport is packed with families and friends rushing off to see their loved ones for the holiday.

"Sarah! Jules!" I turn to the flawless couple that created their genetically perfect daughter. They're dressed in casual clothes but still manage to look just as beautiful. Isobel - Sarah's mom, walks to us with suitcase in tow.

"Hi Isobel." I greet her, pulling her into a hug. Sarah's parents were the only parents I felt comfortable calling by their first name.

"Hello beautiful." She smiles. Her eyes slowly turn to Zayn, her light eyes sweeping over him before turning back to me.

"Jules! Thank you for bringing Sarah." Cal's blonde hair is styled as if he were going to a photo shoot. I smile when he greets me in a warm hug. "And you are?" His eyes harden at the sight of Zayn.

Cal was like a second dad - I should've warned Zayn about them but honestly I hadn't thought about it. Zayn gives a charming smirk and offers his hand.

"Zayn." He greets.

"He drove me." Sarah smiles, giving her parents the innocent look. They glance at Sarah and then Zayn, their eyes slowly travelling to me. Cal sizes Zayn up for a moment, looking him over with a quick nod.

"Well, thank you." Cal clears his throat, shaking Zayn's hand. "I'm Cal, Sarah's father. This is my wife Isobel." Isobel flashes her perfect white teeth smile and shakes Zayn's hand.

"Pleasure to meet you Zayn!" She exclaims, mimicking something Sarah would do. "Well we should get going Sarah." Isobel pulls back and gives a light breath, smiling around at all of us.

"Right." Sarah nods. Sarah gives Zayn and I a smile and a quick hug before dashing off through security with her parents.

Zayn and I watch her blonde hair disappear into the masses of people, leaving us alone in the most crowded place of the day.

I just wish Zayn would come to Thanksgiving... It would make everything so much easier. Nothing comes easy though - especially with Zayn and I.

~ ~ ~

I stay at Zayn's apartment for the next few days. We spend most of the days watching movies, cuddling inside on the cold days and ignoring any thought about Thanksgiving or parents.

There isn't much kissing involved; things were still a bit tense. There were small light kisses we would share but nothing like we usually have. The fire and passion is still there though, which comforts me.