Chapter 94

(A/N: I would just like to remind everyone this is strictly FICTION! Zayn is simply a character used in the book, it doesn't mean he has all the same traits as real life Zayn (like One Night Zayn could possibly be amazing at dancing and love to swim!) He is simply just the face of Zayn! Keep that in mind please haha)

Both of Us – B.o.B

Home - American Authors

___________

Zayn's arm is slung over my waist, his breathing even and slow. Opening my eyes I roll my head to the side to see him laying face down and fast asleep. Smiling I roll my head back over to see the time.

Barely noon. Zayn and I had a late night, after our gift exchange things easily led to another thing leading us straight to bed. Smiling at the memory, of his kisses and whispers of sweet nothings.

Widening my eyes I shoot up in bed and quickly get dressed. I slip on a shirt and pull my hair into a messy bun, grabbing a pair of pants for Zayn I throw them at him.

"Zayn!" I shout, rushing into the bathroom and washing my face. I brush my teeth quickly while I hear him groan and mumble something incoherent. Walking back out of the bathroom I roll my eyes and touch his arm.

"Zayn, you have to wake up. We have to go get Jeremy a birthday gift and head to my parents house." He sighs and rolls onto his back with a pout on his lips.

"Right now?" His voice is heavy and tired.

"Yes right now. We have to get dressed, get gifts, go help with dinner, all of that." I rush my words, standing up and finding my purse.

Zayn doesn't say another word but he sleepily begins to get out of bed, getting dressed and tiredly walking into the bathroom. I leave him to go to the kitchen. I pour a bowl of cereal, eating it while I walk to the front door.

Eating my cereal and waiting fro Zayn and I look around at the apartment. The decorated apartment Zayn had done for me – or rather the sake of our little Christmas together.

Zayn comes out of the bedroom looking slightly more awake than earlier. His messy hair has been brushed through a few times – but still a bit of a mess. Running a hand through his hair he straightens out his black shirt while walking towards me.

"Oh wait." He mumbles, walking back to into the bedroom.

Emerging back into the living room he has his guitar in hand. I raise an eyebrow at him and he simply gives me a kind smile, touching my waist and kissing my forehead.

~ ~ ~

I hold the neatly wrapped green present in my lap while Zayn drives towards Loveland. There is a thin layer of snow on the ground – nothing too bad considering it's late December.

"So what's the plan for tonight? I mean like, what does your family usually do – you said it was a two day ordeal." Zayn speaks quietly, relaxing into the seat with his hand on my leg.

"Usually the first night is dinner. We just all just sit and talk, family time along with helping cook and then we have a birthday dinner. After that we have cake and presents. The next morning we have a birthday breakfast type thing, it's along the same lines as the night before but minus the cake and presents."

"Why does your family do this?" Zayn smiles with confusion and amusement. His eyes quickly meeting mine before returning to the road.

"My mom just likes to do it... celebrating the day of birth and the next day to." I shrug.

I never fully understood why my mom did that. I guess the day after our birth was a celebration for her too. She always seemed to like the morning breakfast better – which made me wonder why she even bothered to have a birthday dinner.