Chapter 37

(Today I hit #88 on the Fanfiction list all thanks to you all! It was my dream to be top 100 and it came true thank to you guys! :) Thanks for reading, voting, and commenting! Please keep it up!)

Untouchable - Taylor Swift

Half a Heart – One Direction

Right Now – One Direction

For the First Time – Boyce Avenue (Cover)

__________

Hearing the first ring of the phone I instantly feel a knot being tied in my stomach.

What if he didn't answer? What if he was busy partying? What if he ignored my call? What if I was annoying him? What if-what if he was with another girl...

All the possibilities rush through my head by the second time it rings. I clench my jaw as I hear it ring a third time, and then a fourth.

"Juliet?" his voice answers. I close my eyes and let out a light breath of utter relief and comfort as he answers, his voice instantly soothing. Putting all my thoughts and worries at bay. I don't say a word, I'm in slight shock he had answered. "Juliet?" His voice calls to me.

"Hi." My voice is quiet as I slowly lay down onto my bed and press the phone to my ear.

"Juliet, are you alright?" His voice is calm and worried.

"Yeah." I answer him, silence takes over until I mumble my question. "Can we talk?"

I'm glad I don't hear background noise in the receiver. I had thought he would be at a frat party since it was Friday. A frat party with a bunch of girls draped over him – I feel my heart begin to ache and shake the thought from my head.

"Of course." I hear him shift on the other end. I wonder where he is, I wonder if he is out somewhere.

"Are you not at a party?" My voice is still quiet as I stare out the window. I close my eyes, imagining him in the room with me, talking with me with his caramel eyes watching me.

"I'm at my Aunts house... I didn't really want to go out." He explains, I hope he doesn't want to go because I wasn't there.

Doubtful though, he most likely didn't want to go out because... well I don't know why he wouldn't want to go out. I want to ask him but I don't want to make him embarrassed because that would usually cause him to be rude and shut me out.

"Oh." Is the only reply I can think of. I rub my neck as I adjust myself in bed. The dress is comfortable enough I decide I'll sleep in it, mainly because I don't want to get off the phone to change.

"Is everything alright?" his voice rings with concern that makes me give a small smile. Licking my lips I snuggle into my bed.

"Yeah... I just... I saw Matt tonight." I shrug even though he can't see it. I hear a sharp intake of breath from him, but he doesn't speak for a minute. I chew on my lip, debating if I should talk. I pick at my nail until I think he's hung up.

"And?" his voice finally comes.

"And... I wish you were here." I mumble my confession; I can feel my cheeks burn hot from the confession. He's quiet and I feel my heart tighten with embarrassment of my confession. He probably thinks I'm some sappy clingy girl saying that. But I couldn't help it, I missed him.

"I wish you were back here." He quietly admits. I can't stop my heart from leaping out of my chest at his words. He has managed to calm my senses within minutes just with words. "Did he do anything?" His voice is threatening.