Chpater 74

This Is Beautiful – Tyrone Wells

All About Us – He Is We

Ships In the Night – Mat Kearney

____________

Juliet POV

I groan at the sound of shrill ringing echoing in the room. I force my eyes open, adjusting them to the dull light that shines through the window. The ringing subsides and I close my eyes, relaxing against Zayn's body.

The moment only lasts for a second though – the ringing returns louder than before. I let out a frustrated and look to Zayn. He's past out – the noise not affecting him at all, I frown at how he was able to sleep through it.

I roll over and find my phone lying next to me on the table. It's lighting up, vibrating, shaking on the table. I reach out and look at the caller. I take a moment to note the time, almost noon – I didn't realize I was so tired. Letting out a heavy breath I slide across the bar to answer.

"Hello?" My voice is tired and I'm sure whoever it is knows they've woken me up.

"Jules, hi, it's Danielle... you were sleeping, I'm so sorry." I can already see the apologetic look on her face. I sigh and shake my head – forcing myself to wake up.

"No – no, you're fine don't worry." I force my voice to sound as if I weren't just sleeping a minute ago. I sit up in bed, pushing myself up and off my elbow. Zayn lets out a low groan, his arm tightening around my waist. I glance down at him and let out a heavy breath.

Last night ended better than expected. I was surprised we didn't get into a fight, I'm thankful we didn't. I still had an uneasy feeling about the entire Stacy thing but I was positive that I wasn't a game and that was all that mattered - for now.

"Oh... Okay great. I just um... Are you and Zayn free today?" her voice chirps. I glance back at Zayn, I don't think he had any plans today – I certainly didn't.

"I think we're both free." I nod, even though she can't see me.

"Great!" Her voice rises with enthusiasm. "I know the weather is a little crummy today but Liam suggested the lake for tonight? It seemed like the most popular idea and we could all have a camp fire, hang out, eat and head home after." She says with complete eagerness.

I wasn't sure how I felt about driving out to a lake to spend the day with a group of couples. I would rather stay with Zayn for the day but I didn't have the heart to tell her no and I didn't want to be one of those couples who blew off friends for each other all the time. I smile and pull away from Zayn – as much as I can.

"Yeah that sounds great. When are we leaving?"

"In about two hours. We're meeting at Liam's apartment and all headed out from there. I think the plan is to take two cars? Two couples in each along with supplies for the campfire, like blankets, wood, lighters, food-" She lists.

I zone out as I stare back at Zayn. Last night had been a ball of stress and panic for me. The entire night I was drowning in thoughts and doubts but right now... Everything felt fine, calm.

My eyes fall down to my wrist where the heart is slightly faded but still there. I recall how I was desperate to erase it from my skin. In the moment I just wanted it gone, I didn't want to be another Stacy. I feel a knot in my stomach - I know he isn't trying to get me to sleep with him but the thought it still there. The idea of how he did it to Stacy to get her in bed.

"Jules?" Danielle's voice asks.

"Yeah! That's great. Zayn and I will meet you there in two hours." I nod, focusing back on the conversation.