Chapter 69

Juliet POV

The drive back to the dorm takes me longer than usual, I take the scenic route - needing to clear my head before going and talking with Sarah. I'm not angry with Zayn... Well I'm not as angry as he probably thinks, I'm just frustrated and honestly I'm a little frightened.

Why would he have a restraining order and why was he hiding it if I shouldn't be worried about it? I don't know what to think about the whole situation. I knew Zayn wasn't dangerous - at least towards me, towards other people that might be another story.

I recall how I saw him destroy Derek that one night at the party. Not that I minded but perhaps that was what happened. Maybe he readlly did beat up a kid, like really bad, back in Bradford and that was why the parents filed a restraining order.

That didn't seem plausible to me though, considering boys usually fight and then make up - or fight and forget about each other after wards. They don't go crying to their parents. I rub between my eyes as I make a turn, getting closer to the campus.

The dinner party is this Friday, I don't want Zayn not to go and I don't want to be miserable. My only option is to stay out of this... My stomach twists with the thought, this wasn't who I was - I was always curious to know more but... Sighing heavily I pull into the parking lot of the dorms and turn off my car.

I didn't know what to do at the moment with this. He had a restraining order and it was bad enough that he lied to me about it. Should I keep digging or for once just stay out of his business?

The air is chilling as the day grows later. I rush inside the building, anxious to get out of the cold temperature of the day. I feel the warmth of the building pull the cold off of my body. I reach my dorm and take a deep breath, praying that Sarah has calmed down a bit and that we could sort through things.

Stepping into the dorm room I find it empty. I guess Sarah was still out and about. I don't realize how exhausted I am until my body slumps into bed and my eyes shut.

~ ~ ~

The next morning the dorm room is still empty and I have an uneasy feeling. I hope she's okay, I'm sure she's with Niall or that friend. I still worry though. Instead of focusing on my nagging thoughts I grab my gym bag and head to the dance studio. Maybe Sarah did come home last night and decided to go to church - I did sleep for a long time.

I rub my head and glance at the clock that reads 8:43. I slept for a solid twelve hours or more. My body is stiff from the deep sleep I had allowed myself to go into.

It wasn't even sleep, it was hibernation. I kept my mind off of Zayn's restraining order. What could he have done to a person that would cause them to want him to stay away? Did he mess with a girl so much that she finally got sick of it?

I brush my curiosity off the best I can when I reach the dance studio. Slipping into my usual room I focus on dancing, letting my emotions and curiosity wander out through my movements.

I need Sarah, I need my best friend, I need someone to talk to and I know I can't go talk to Matt - not when things are finally settling down.

~ ~ ~

When I get back to the dorm room I find Sarah sitting at her desk on her laptop. She doesn't bother looking at me as I walk in, setting my stuff down. I glance at the dorm that still is clean.

"How was your night?" I ask casually. I look over my shoulder to see if she is going to look at me. I slide my gym bag onto the ground - I only danced for about twenty minutes. I was too worried about Sarah's whereabouts to dance much. I know I could have called her but I wasn't sure if she would answer her phone.