Chapter 71

Satellite - Tyrone Wells

I Choose You - Sara Bareilles

All I Want (Cover) - Ellie Goulding

____________

Elizabeth and Jonah's house looks completely different - in the most beautiful way possible. Lights are strung up above the main entrance and living room. The couches are moved to the sides so they don't separate the kitchen from the living room.

Through the large windows you can see people on the balcony, talking, standing by the heating lamps. It's as if I stepped into some imaginary world full of businessmen at a gala. All the men are dressed like Zayn, all the women dressed similar to me. Food lies across tables set up around the corners as well.

I'm dumbfounded by how many people can fit in the house - I shouldn't be, the house is huge, but it's just there are so many people here for the dinner party. Everyone dresses so elegantly - I can't get over it. From the open space in the living room I gather the dinner is being held elsewhere in the house.

I am suddenly aware that people are staring at Zayn and I. Their eyes trained on us as if we had green skin and flew down from a space ship, they whisper to each other. Zayn's warm hand rests on my back as he ushers me further into the house.

"They're talking about me, don't worry." He mumbles into my ear. I know they're talking about the fact Zayn has showed up to a black tie event, wearing a suit, and with a date. They shouldn't be though; Zayn can do whatever he wants - well for the most part.

"Zayn?" Zayn and I stop making our way through the house, turning to Elizabeth and Jonah. Elizabeth's face is full of shock and awe as she makes her way towards us. She looks astounding in a slim fitting black dress that pools around her feet. Her dark hair in perfect curls around her face. Jonah wears a button up shirt, dress pants, and a blazer. His light hair spiked and styled as if it were done professionally.

"Elizabeth. Jonah." Zayn greets them solemnly, with no smile at all. I stare at him for a moment, surprised by the lack of emotion in him, shaking it off I give my greatest smile to them and they notice.

"The place looks gorgeous." I gape, looking up at the lights and chattering people that have started to mind their own business.

"Well thank you Juliet. We are so glad Zayn brought you." Elizabeth beams at me, clasping her hands together and holding them below her chin as she examines Zayn and I.

"You look good in a suit." Jonah comments. He gives Zayn a nod of approval before his eyes move to me with a kind smile.

"You don't look so bad yourself." Zayn cracks a smile at Jonah. I feel relief in seeing Zayn show some emotion since we've gotten here.

"Well you two enjoy, dancing is mostly on the patio where the music is. Help yourself to the food and Zayn - we want you to meet a few of the alumni before you leave." Elizabeth lists. Zayn gives a nod, not looking to happy about doing it. Elizabeth and Jonah walk away, his hand on her waist while they disappear into the crowd.

"This is amazing." I smile, looking around the house yet again.

"It's just a party." Zayn shrugs, attempting to have an aloof attitude. I slip my arm around him and he pulls me into him, I smile up at him until he smiles back.

"Tonight's going to be great." I assure him. Zayn breaks away fro a moment - grabbing two champagne glasses and handing me one. I lock eyes with Zayn and smile as he smirks at me.

"Zayn? You came!" Zayn and mine's gaze breaks - to find Liam and Danielle walking towards us. Danielle wears a beautiful strapless red dress - making her look like she stepped out of a bridal magazine. Liam is dressed like all the other guys here except he has a bow tie instead of a regular tie on.