Chapter 59

A Drop In the Ocean - Ron Pope

__________

Zayn POV

"Please! Please stop!" I hear my mother call. Her voice strangled in her sobs and pleas.

"Mum?" I call out, I'm back in my house - the house I grew up in. I'm standing at the top of the stairs, frozen.

"Please stop!" She cries again. "It hurts! George please!" Her cries are all too real, this scene is all too real... this memory - all too real.

"Shut up Trisha!" I hear him bark, I feel the pit in my stomach and my blood boil.

I hear a smack, glass breaking, as I know she's falling to the ground - grabbing onto anything around her. I take a step towards the stairs, rushing to go save her when I hear another voice crying. A voice that hurts me more than hearing my mom's voice crying for help.

"Let go Derek!" I freeze and turn around - my back facing the stairs as I look down the hallway. I hear her, I hear her sobbing, I hear her crying, I feel her fear. "Please it hurts!" Her voice cries from beyond the closed door at the end of the hallway.

"What are you going to do about it?" Derek's chilling voice rings through the house.

"George stop!" I hear my mom call again. I turn back to the stairs, the air becoming thin as both of the women scream for help. I glance between the stairs and the door. Deciding whether to go down the hallway for Juliet or go down the stairs for my mom. Juliet or my mom... Juliet or my mom?

"No Derek... Please!" She begs from behind the door.

"It hurts!" I hear both of them shriek with pure desperation. I hear both scream, but one hurts me more than the other... I take off down the hallway.

I find myself walking down the quiet streets of Bradford. Not many people are out today. I slow my pace as I near the bakery I would always pick up desserts for my mom and sisters from. I smile at the bakers inside who are chatting. My eyes travel to the near empty seating area and my eyes fall on them.

Her blonde hair straight as usual, her dark eyes placed on the girl that sits across from her. My eyes widen as the girl slowly turns and her eyes stare at me. I see fear - the way she looked when Derek attacked her.

"Juliet." I whisper, I step into the bakery and she instantly stands up. Caroline has a cruel smirk on her lips as Juliet stares at me.

"You're an awful person." She hisses at me.

"Let me explain." I beg quietly, taking a step towards her but she backs away. Staring at me like I'm a fucking monster.

"No." She says harshly. "I don't love you. I never could... I love Matt." Her words hurt more than her fearful gaze.

"Juliet..." I quietly whisper. "Let me explain." I glance at Caroline who smiles. "I'll tell you everything. Just don't go." I plead with her - feeling desperation, as I know she'll leave.

"She's not going to listen." Caroline's voice calls out - though I keep my eyes trained on Juliet who stares at me - no emotion on her face, like she's been frozen.

"She's done listening, she's done trying to listen... you had your chance to explain things to her; you had your chance to make things right and tell her everything... but instead you left her. Trashed the apartment, went to Erica... What the hell did you expect?" Caroline smiles, standing up and touching Juliet's back.