Chapter 87

I Will Posses Your Heart – Death Cab for Cutie

Home – Naughty Boy

Don't Let Me Be Lonely – The Band Perry

________________

Zayn POV

Things were not fucking going as planned. I didn't expect my mom and sisters to automatically love Juliet but I thought they would make more of an effort to give her a chance. I know it's my fault though, this wasn't even supposed to have a chance of happening.

Juliet insists on staying in her room until dinner is ready – wanting to give me time with my family. Truth is she just is so nervous around my family, no thanks to Waliyha. Truth is I'd rather be with her. I can't fucking believe she said separate rooms.

How the hell am I supposed to go to sleep tonight knowing she's right across the hall? I know it's her damn attempt to be respectful but to hell with that.

"Hand me the strainer Zayn?" I turn to my mom who smiles over at me as if everything were perfect. I grab the strainer and hand it to her, leaning back against the counter.

At least my mom was being considerate and making spaghetti – something I knew Juliet liked. I glance at the living room where Waliyha is watching TV on the couch; Safaa is drawing on a pad of paper next to her.

I only lived here two years before leaving but it still held strange memories. The frightful cries my mom would make at night – the nightmares that haunted both of us for years. Even when moving from the shithole where the awful memories remained – they followed us.

Not to forget the nightmares I inflicted onto this family. Hiding out here was the only option my mom could find reasonable. I don't know how she isn't disgusted with me – I know Waliyha was for the longest time.

"Are you guys going to at least give her a fucking chance?" I quiet grumble to my mom.

"Zayn." She snaps, glaring at me for my colorful language. I glare at her and she sighs, her shoulders dropping. I feel slightly guilty from the reaction I caused but I hated knowing Juliet didn't want to be around them right now.

"You have to forgive us for being slightly... cautious. The last girl you brought home – well, we know how that ended." She says with a dull tone.

I feel the pit of my stomach drop and I lean more against the counter. I stare at the ground and sigh heavily. Fuck my past... it was nothing but trouble.

"Are we talking about the new girl you brought?" Waliyha is suddenly in the kitchen with her lips in a tight line. My mom glances at Waliyha but doesn't respond as she begins making the sauce for the pasta.

"No." I reply harshly.

I didn't want to hear Waliyha's opinions and thoughts on Juliet. They would only be prejudged. Waliyha is the worst out of the three of them. She was twelve when all the shit happened and she remembers it much better than Safaa.

Safaa just remembers the fighting and yelling. She didn't really remember why and that's the way we kept it. No need to bring more people into the fucked up mistakes of mine.

"Right." She rolls her eyes, folding her arms. "What are you expecting to happen here Zayn. I thought we discussed bringing her here." She glares at me.

"Mum and I discussed it, you were not part of that." I remind harshly.

"Now hush you two, I will not have you fighting this close to Christmas." My mom warns us with a glare. "We'll try Zayn but you must realize why we're so reluctant with this." She raises an eyebrow to me.