Chapter 6

I wake up and feel a tight muscular arm around my waist. I feel my back against a firm chest and stare at the hand on my waist. Recalling last night I widen my eyes.

Turning my neck so I can see the boy from last night behind me. Asleep… he looks perfect, his chest raising and dropping steadily, his tattoos peaking out of his shirt. I want to reach out and touch his face but I force myself not to. I manage to get out of his grip and I grab my things.

I run out of the room and into the rest of the house. It’s cold in the house, window open, cups everywhere, people passed out in the hallways and couch. I clear my throat and walk around the people downstairs.

I grab my phone out of my pocket and quickly dial Sarah. Damn, no answer. I look around and walk to the kitchen. I didn’t really want to be here when the boy upstairs wakes up.

"Hey, Jules right?” a voice interrupts my thoughts. I turn around to find myself looking at a curly haired boy in a simple black t-shirt.

"Yeah, hi. Harry right?” I smile at him as he walks to me.

"Yeah.” He nods, he has a bag full of trash and I realize he’s cleaning up. “Did you stay the night?” The question is simple but there’s a hint of disapproval in his voice.

"Yeah, I just slept in one of the rooms. I couldn’t find Sarah.” I lie. He seems relieved and I realize he probably thought I slept with one of the boys. I did sleep with one, but not in the way he was thinking. “Do you think…” I trail off looking around the house, “Never mind.” I laugh.

"What?” He asks worriedly. His eyes waiting for an answer.

"Do you think you could give me a ride back to the dorms? I mean… you don’t have to I just-”

"Of course.” Harry smiles at me. “Let me get my keys real quick.” He pats his pockets as he says that, he leaves me in the kitchen but returns quickly holding up his keys in triumph. “Let’s go.” He nods. I thank him as we get into his jeep. He quickly turns on the heat as we leave the frat house.

“So you guys have a really nice frat house.” I glance back at the house in the side mirror, the grandness of it disappearing slowly.

"Yeah.” He laughs. “Didn’t believe my eyes until I actually was a part of the frat. Thought it might be some joke, to make some of the pledges think it was the house they live in but it wasn’t.”

"So what made you pledge to this frat?”

"The guys were nice. Charles, he’s the frat leader I guess you could say, comes from Australia. Our frat is kind of the foreigner gang.” Harry laughs to himself.

"That makes a lot of sense.” It really did. If I were coming from a foreign country and found a frat with a bunch of out of country guys or more along the lines of girls I would pledge in an instant.

"So did you have fun last night?” He asks, his green eyes focused on the road.

"Yeah, actually I did.” I smile down at my hands.

"You disappeared after we went to watch the fight. I got kind of worried.” Harry admits sheepishly, I see him blush as he glances at me. I smile at him and let out a light breath as I shift in the seat.

"Sorry I um… I ran into a few people, made some conversation before going into a spare room and passing out.” I lie easily. Harry raises an eyebrow and I can tell he doesn’t fully believe my story. I was never a great liar. He doesn’t push the subject further though and I’m thankful.

"So for a first party it was pretty good?”

"It was the best party I’ve been too.” I laugh with his laughter joining.