Chapter 127

"Brunoooo....I can't wait to lay on the beach in my hot ass baby mama tankini...." Kassie danced around their bedroom throwing random shorts, t-shirts and sundresses near her suitcase where he folded them and put them in the bag.

"I cannot wait, Kittie. I miss it." Bruno answered.

"How can you miss it? You've been back for the past three years." Kassie responded.

"Oh come on, Kittie. You know you miss the sand in your toes, the surfing and the food, oh the food..."

"But Bruno...it's not the same now that you bought your mom that giant mother of a house...and we can't go to my dad's house." Kassie said sadly.

"Oh, Kass...I'm sorry." he said sitting down next to her.

"It's not that I don't want to go. It was just like...last year...it...I don't know. It's like when something enourmous happens and it gets all sad...like...I don't think I've felt like this is a really long time..." Kassie told him.

"Oh..Kass..come on...you're being a bigger baby than Tori." Bruno said turning to watch their daughter laying on the floor on a blanket sound asleep.

"No I'm not! It was like...Bruno...your house was my house and now some random family with a chihuaua and a parrot live there."

"They have a parrot? Do you think I could ask them to teach it how to sing?" Bruno asked jokingly.

"Yes...go over there and ask them to teach to sing Just the way you are. And then take the house back from them." she told him.

"Kass..you're not getting the house back. I'm sorry, babe." he hugged her feeling her start to cry.

"I don't know why I'm crying. I didn't cry last year." she told him standing up hearing the baby crying. "It's just dumb."

**

Kassie stretched out on the big couch in her mother in law's house looking out over the beach.

"It's not the right beach, is it, Kittie?" Bernie asked her.

"No. It's not. It just doesn't feel right. Like it just makes me sad." Kassie answered.

"It gets better, Kassandra. It does. I think I'm feeling nostalgic now that the two of you are home. And with little Tori. " Bernie told her.

"Oh, god. Don't make me cry again...please." Kassie laughed standing up. "When did I grow up?"

"A long time ago, my love. A long time ago." Bernie answered handing Kassie her 4 month old daughter.

"Mommmm..." Bruno came running in the room. "I need to steal Kass from you...come on..." he said dragging her away from the window.

"Where are we going? I'm not dressed..." she said pointing to her shorts and tattered tour t-shirt.

"Doesn't matter. Just come on. You don't even need your shoes." he stood in front of the door waiting for her.

"I always need to wear shoes..." she told him picking up a pair of flip-flops taking his hand as they walked out the door.

"Where are we going?" she asked him.

"I think you know..." he told her moving his eyes toward the cliff with their initials carved in it.

"Bruno...why?" she asked him.

"Because I can..." he told her lifting her up on the cliff.

"Thank you..." she said holding on to him so she didn't fall.

"'I'll never let go, Kass." he said in a sexy voice.

"And my heart will go on and on and on..." she smiled at him kissing him on the cheek.

"Kass..." Bruno paused standing by the tree they had leaned on so many times for so many years.

"Yeah?" she asked sitting in front of their carving.

"I wouldn't change a thing..that's all." he said sliding down next to her.

"I wouldn't either." she answered laying her head on his shoulder. "I know you were trying to make this all romantic and stuff...but I'm pretty sure I'm just going to fall asleep." she told him.

"Don't worry, Kittie. I'll be waiting for you." he said kissing her on the head.