Chapter 72

Dudddeee...." Phil walked up behindBruno and Kassie who had both fallen asleep. "We're having asleep over? Let me go get my blankies..." Phil laughed.

"Give me a few minutes. We can go ina bit..." Bruno said quietly moving Kassie's arms to wake her upthe way he always did.

"Okay...like 10 minutes." Philsaid. "Or we're leaving without you."

"Brunnnooo...stay here." Kassiewhined half awake.

"I have to go, baby..." he saidlifting her head up looking into her tired eyes.

"No you don't. You're just goingto Blaisedale..how far away is that? Like 15 minutes?" she askedhim. "Bruno...we don't get to see each other eveeerrrr...andwe're at home."

He stood up from the swing lookingdown at Kassie's half awake eyes contemplating staying with herthat night. She pulled him back down onto the swing pleading with himto stay. "I'm not going to hate you if you go...but I really missyou." she told him honestly yawning making him yawn. "Please?"she asked him. "For your wife?" she smiled at him.

"Only because we got marriedtonight, Kassandra." he answered her taking her hand lifting her upfrom the swing. "Wait...." he paused standing by the door seeingPhil and Eric pacing.

"Come on bro....I'm tired." Ericcomplained.

"Go ahead..I'll be there in time.And if I'm not I'll let you kick my ass next time we go bowling."

"I kick your ass everytime, Brunz."Eric said.

"Whatever. I'm going to stay herewith Kassie." he told them.

Kassie buried her head in his shirtlaughing at the brothers' conversation.

"Just be there on time, Brunito."Eric said motioning to the group that was left that they could goback to the hotel.

"Come on, Kass..." Bruno saidwaiting until the door had closed to walk back into the house.

"You didn't leave with them,Bruno?" they heard Bernie walking toward the front of the house tosee where everyone was.

"She told me she would leave me if Ididn't stay." Bruno told his mom.

"Aww. Kittie...that's not nice."

"I know." Kassie smiled. "He'sover reacting though. I didn't say that."

"You two should at least try tosleep. Brunito...you have a huge day tomorrow." his mom insisted.

"I know....come on. Kassandra...let'sgo to bed." he told her leading her up toward his old bedroomleaving the door cracked to please his mother.

"You're not getting any tonight,Bruno." Kassie told him flopping on his bed.

"I didn't think I was..." hetold her pushing her to make space for himself laying his head on herstomach.

"Thank you for staying." she toldhim running her fingers through his hair slowly stopping after a fewminutes falling asleep.

"Kittie?" he asked feeling herfingers stop running through his hair. He turned around kissing herlightly wrapping his arms around her after he set his alarm for threehours later.

**

"Brunnnoooo...." Kassie whinedhearing his 90s hip hop ringtone waking him up.

"Come on...I'll walk you home,baby..." he said lifting her up. She nodded her head wrappingherself in his yellow plaid shirt that was sitting on the floor. Sheslipped on her flip-flops handing him his shoes.

"But you can't have the shirt. I'mcold." he looked down at her sitting on the bed. He fell on top ofher kissing her gently.

"I don't need it." he told herstarting to laugh.

"Shhh..they're asleep, Bruno! It's5 in the morning." she told him pushing him off of her. He followedher out the door taking the short walk back to Kassandra's father'shouse. She bent down grabbing for the key that hadn't moved sincethe summer of 00.

Bruno touched her waist lightly makingher tingle as she opened the door. "I will see you tonight,Kittie..." he said kissing her on the cheek.